If you are looking for a break to the UAE before its gets too hot, there are a couple of interesting deals.
Bucharest has been the source of some good deals in Qatar’s recent sales, but an even better deal has surfaced at the moment. The deal is approximately £448 (depending on exchange rates) in business class from Bucharest to Dubai via Doha return. However, as with all seemingly too good to be true offers, there are a lot of pros and cons. Thanks to HfP for the fare.
- You get to use the Qatar First Class lounge in Doha on the way to Dubai
- You get the same excellent Qatar service, food and drinks
- You can earn Avios and tier points
- The seats are pretty good for regional business class
- You have to get to Bucharest first, which is 3 hours 15 minutes flying time from London
- Obviously with connection times, this makes it a very long way to get to Dubai
- Only BA and Tarom fly direct to Bucharest with prices from £110 economy and £300 business class
- The Qatar tier points will be less than you would usually get going from London, depending on how you get to Bucharest
- You get 40 tier points each way for Bucharest-Doha and 60 for Doha-Dubai (it’s classed as First Class). This makes a total of 200 versus the normal 280 tier points for a direct flight.
If you fancy something a bit simpler, Qatar also have deals from Heathrow to Dubai from £1509. They must be booked by 15 March 2017 for travel until 6 February 2018.
Jumeirah Hotels – 20% off
To go with your cheap Dubai flight you will need a hotel. Jumeirah have an offer on for Sirius members in their UAE city hotels. The deal includes 20% off the Best Available Rate, Double Jumeirah Sirius Bonus Points, complimentary breakfast, late checkout and more. If you are not a member you can join for free here. The offer is valid until 31 May 2017 on stays on Thursday/Friday/Saturday.