Well, the big day is finally here – not Christmas but Black Friday which is traditionally one of the best days of the year for travel bargains. I shall post again today as more sale details are released so keep checking back. You can find all the Black Friday articles on this page. Happy shopping!
BA Black Friday – flights and holidays
Yesterday I covered the fantastic Club World fares on offer over Christmas with BA. Today I will have a look at some of the other bargains available.
Club Europe flights
There are a few cheap routes for Club Europe for a short break perhaps combined with some tier points. Nuremberg is great for the Christmas markets, Venice is a must see for every traveller and Luxembourg is a pretty place for a short break. It is always worth checking about adding a hotel as this can either bring the price down or be only marginally more with a hotel such as Venice.
- Aberdeen £182
- Palma £204
- Berlin £208
- Billund £170
- Dublin £186
- Gothenburg £
- Hamburg £162
- Funchal £280 (160 tier point route)
- Malta £278 (160 tier point route)
- Zagreb £182
- Venice £190
- Limoges £196
- Inverness £198
- Manchester £198
- Newcastle £160
- Nuremburg £184
- Luxembourg £174 – great for a short break read my tier point break guide here
Club Europe holidays
- Venice + 3 nights hotel from £211 pp
- Valencia flights + 3 nights hotel from £289 pp
- Rome flights + 3 nights hotel from £237 pp
- Algarve flights + 7 nights hotel from £359 pp
- Malta flights + 7 nights hotel from £359 pp (160 tier points)
The saving applies to new booking with stays of eight nights or more. The booking must include one return flight per person, from London Gatwick airport to one of the following destinations: Grenada Tobago and St Kitts & Nevis and a minimum of 1 nights hotel. Savings are per booking. Flight + Hotel bookings for stay durations of up to and including 7 nights per booking can save £200 per booking. Flight + Hotel bookings with a minimum stay duration of 8 nights per booking can save £300 per booking. Travel must take place between 1 January and 30 September 2019 inclusive.
Club World holidays from £1099 per person for 7 nights!
· New York – British Airways Holidays offers three nights at the 4* Hotel Indigo NYC from £1199 per person, travelling between December 24 and December 29, 2018 inclusive. Includes Club World return flights from Heathrow and accommodation. Book by November 26.
· Las Vegas – British Airways Holidays offers seven nights at the 4* The Linq, from £1099 per person, travelling between December 16 and December 25, 2018 inclusive. Includes Club World return flights from Heathrow and accommodation. Book by November 26.
· Seychelles – British Airways Holidays offers seven nights accommodation in a 4* hotel, from £1949 per person, travelling in January 2019. Includes Club World return flights and accommodation. Book by November 26.
Save an extra £100 on BA holidays
When you book a flight + hotel or flight + car holiday travelling between 1 December 2018 and 20 October 2019 inclusive you can make the following savings:
- Save £100 on holidays with a minimum spend of £2,500 per booking
- Save £50 on holidays with a minimum spend of £1,250 per booking
Fairmont up to 40% off and 20% bonus on gift cards
Fairmont is about to launch their Black Friday promotion for buying e-gift cards with 20% bonus. The offer is valid for purchases made today 23 November 2018 between 7PM – 10PM UK time. The maximum bonus under this offer is $1,000 for buying $5,000 worth of the e-gift cards ($6,000 with the bonus included).
You can use the Fairmont e-gift cards to pay for your room, any charges made to the room, spa treatments or even dining or spa treatments when you are not staying at the hotel. The bonus is only available on e-gift cards which is what you would want to buy in the UK anyway. You should buy in US dollars unless you are staying at a Canadian hotel as you can also buy them in Canadian dollars. The minimum purchase is $25 and the maximum is $5000. Only one purchase can be made per person.
There is a slight gamble if you will use them for hotels in a different currency as obviously conversion rates can fluctuate. I bought this offer earlier in the year to use in Dubai where it actually worked in my favour and I gained an extra £50 to spend in the hotel.
You can access Fairmont’s web page for buying gift cards here.
If you are planning to use the e-gift cards in Canada, you should load them in CAD. Otherwise, I would buy them in USD.
Fairmont also have a 40% off sale only for LeClub Accor members (free to join here). You need to book by 26 November 2018 for stays between 1 January and 24 February 2019. The discount is off the flexible rate so it is not 40% off the current cheapest rate. It has to be pre-paid and bookings are not refundable or changeable.
You can find the sale page here.