This week’s articles will be mostly about Black Friday/Cyber week offers with the odd review thrown in. Articles may not be published at usual times but the emails will go out at the usual times so make sure you check the site for extra articles from time to time if you want to jump on offers quickly. You can find all the BF 18 articles on this page (plus last years too for reference)
Whilst doing any shopping this week (or in general) there are few things to consider to maximise your savings and miles this week:
- Consider using TopCashback for your purchases which allows you to click through their website onto many normal websites such as travel agents, shops and airlines to save a percentage of your cost. This can be taken as cash, gift vouchers or Avios which comes with a 5% bonus. You can join here for free.
- Have a look at the BA Avios e-store which is here and works the same as cashback but gives Avios instead. This has extra offers for Black Friday such as
- 6 Avios per £1 on Apple
- up to 4 Avios per £1 John Lewis
- 6 Avios per £1 with Debenhams
- Make sure you use the right credit card for the job – if you have an airline credit card make sure you use that to make your booking if it offers extra miles when used on their own website. BA Amex gives 3 Avios per £1 on ba.com for the Premium card versus the usual 1.5 per £1 spent elsewhere.
- Watch for any foreign currency purchases and make sure you use a card with 0% charges on foreign currency spend.
- If you are booking any hotels that are part of chains with a loyalty scheme make sure you join before booking as this usually gives 5-10% extra off sale prices
Samsonite luggage – up to 65% off
Samsonite’s Black Friday sale has a number of suitcases and sets with up to 65% off and some of its best known ranges are included such as Aeris, Aero lite and Neopulse.
You can find the sale page here.
If you don’t have a Platinum Amex and are likely to want a number of lounge visits then Priority Pass is likely to be a good option to keep the costs down. They have a good offer for Black Friday which offers up to 40% off membership and ends on 30 November at 11.59pm. A lot will depend on your travel pattern as to which is the best value.
40% off Standard membership (now £41) – £20 per visit
25% off Standard Plus membership (now £141) – 10 free visits for cardholder then £20 for guests or each additional visit
25% off Prestige membership (£254) – Unlimited free visits but guests £20 per visit
You can find the Black Friday page here.
Flybe may not be everyone’s first choice given that there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the ongoing viability but they do have some decent deals for Black Friday. Firstly you can earn double Avios with Flybe’s Black Friday offer which is 6 Avios per £1 excluding taxes. This available on all fares booked before 9 December. The catch is that it is only available for travel until 31 January 2019. This could work out more than an economy ticket with BA potentially so it may be worth comparing if Flybe are a convenient option.
There are also 100,000 one-way seats available at £25 for booking until 26 November 2018, for travel between 8 December 18 and 27 March 19. The deal is not available on all routes and may for a limited time on some routes. www.flybe.com/black-friday