Finnair are a good option for cheap deals to Asia with decent business class seats and the extra stop in Helsinki on the way giving you an extra 160 tier points on your trip as they are part of oneworld. Due to the polar route, they don’t add too much time versus a direct flight and the lounges at Helsinki are good having been recently refurbished.
Finnair has launched their sale for Black Friday today which runs until 29 November 2021.
The deals are:
- Bangkok £1140
- Phuket £1727
- Helsinki £499 (make sure you choose and A330 or A350 for the long haul seats)
- Seoul £1291
- Singapore £1691
- Copenhagen, Helsinki, Ivalo, Kittilä, Kuusamo, Moscow, Riga, Rovaniemi, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tallinn, Vilnius: 10 January–31 March 2022
- Bangkok, Seoul, Singapore: 5 December 2021–15 June 2022
- Phuket: 5 December 2021–30 March 2022
Prior to the main Black Friday sales tomorrow, I also found a couple of other decent deals:
- Etihad London to Johannesburg £1292 (available most of 2022)
- Swiss/Lufthansa London to Dubai £969 (available most of 2022)
There is due to be an Etihad sale on Black Friday itself, so I am confident we will see some more good fares from them.