British Airways Unforgettable World Sale is now on for flights in all classes as well as holidays. Bookings must be made by 11.59pm on January 31, 2017.
In my opinion the sale is more forgettable than ‘unforgettable’ for business class fares. There are only few deals worth considering. This page is a useful way to find which destinations are included in the sale and when the cheapest prices are available. I have just got a business class flight to Malaga for £236 which is good considering it is often more than that in economy.
For those looking for a package, the best deals include:
Flight and hotel
- Rome – Two nights at the 4* Black hotel from £99 per person, travelling February 1 to February 16 2017. Includes Euro Traveller return flights from Gatwick and accommodation with breakfast.
Flight and car
- Alicante – Seven days from £99 per person, travelling February 3 to February 26 2017. Includes Euro Traveller return flights from Gatwick and a Mini Manual car.
World Traveller Plus
- Dubai – Three nights at the 4* Doubletree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah from £589 per person, travelling June 1 to June 30 2017. Includes World Traveller Plus return flights from Heathrow and accommodation with breakfast. Note: The hotel is not in Dubai and is over 1 hour away. Ramadan falls 27 May to 25 June in 2017. It will also be very hot at that time of year.
- New York – Three nights at the 4* DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan – New York City from £1899 per person, travelling July 1 to August 30 2017. Includes Club World return flights from Heathrow and accommodation.
- Muscat – Three nights at the 5* Shangri-La Al Waha from £1289 per person, travelling June 1 to June 30 2017. Includes Club World return flights from Heathrow and accommodation with breakfast. Note: Ramadan falls 27 May to 25 June in 2017. It will also be very hot at that time of year.
- Rome – Three nights at the 4* ESH Hotel from £269 per person, travelling February 6 to February 26 2017. Includes Club Europe return flights from Gatwick and accommodation with breakfast.
There do not seem to be any particularly great bargains other than what has previously been announced during Black Friday. I will cover the some of the destinations that have lowest prices. The usual ex EU bargains that are worth the cost of travelling via Dublin don’t appear to be available yet. Often these can take a day or 2 to get into the system so I will report back if I find any. I have included the couple I have found.
Club Europe/World and First
- Abu Dhabi £1195 Business £1,595 First
- Bangkok £1991
- Barbados £1675
- Boston £1886 or €1718 = £1446* from Dublin
- Dubai £1495
- Dublin £220
- Granada £220
- Hyderabad £1595
- Madrid £250 See my article about Club World seats on this route here.
- Malaga £210
- Montreal £1795
- Moscow £1146
- Muscat £1195 Club World £1,595 First
- New York £1794 or from Dublin €1672 = £1510*
- Orlando £1691
- Rio £1889
- Seoul £1795
- St Kitts £1795
- Tampa £1691
- Tel Aviv £992
- Vancouver £1895
*Exchange rates correct at time of writing
There are also some decent prices showing to a few other destinations which are not showing as being part of the sale:
- Bergen £162 – a cheap 80 tier points?
- Cancun £1486
- Jamaica £1491
- Luxemburg £172 – a cheap and quick 80 tier points?
- Punta Cana £1290