One of the best times of the year for travel deals is upon us with Black Friday next week on the 27th followed by Cyber Monday. With having such a rubbish 2020 and several vaccines on the horizon, it looks like from Spring to mid-2021 things will be less restrictive travel wise and we can all have something to look forward to! I would expect fares to remain relatively low but as more people take to the skies again and it’s not such a hard sell, prices could well rise. I also expect to see the disappearance of book with confidence offers next year so it’s worth taking advantage while you can.
I would expect the deals to go for the whole week with some starting this Friday, and in fact, many have already started or been announced. Next week my posts will take a more dynamic nature as I plan to try to bring the deals as they are announced. So if you are an email subscriber don’t be surprised if posts go out at different times to normal. There will still be the daily email with the round-up of the last 24 hours posts. If you are subscribed weekly, I would recommend checking every day as often there are flash sales for a day or two!
How to get the best deals and maximise your savings
- Work out in advance what you are looking for and the dates you can do – you may have to make a decision very quickly!
- Make sure you understand the current “Book with confidence” policies of the airlines you want to book with, so you don’t regret a purchase later. Here are the main ones:
- Once you see a deal, do some research on the airline and types of seat, rules etc, but when you have decided – don’t hesitate if it is what you are looking for. Many of the offers have very limited availability at that price, so don’t hang around! Even if the offer is valid for a week, the available seats could sell out after a day or so.
- If you visit this website directly rather than subscribing, I would recommend signing up for the emails in the top right of this page as well as signing up to follow on Facebook or Twitter. Some of the very fleeting offers I only share on social media, so don’t miss out!
- If you are having trouble with the airline’s website try searching with google flights first. Google flights is also useful for tweaking your dates or routes to get the best price. If you want to see the fare rules easily and run more complex searches ITA matrix is also handy. I talked about both of these in How to search for cheaper flights.
- Don’t forget the Expedia and Ebookers trick I talked about to bring the price down. It could mean you can get a UK departure for almost the same as an ex EU.
- The same applies to BA flights versus BA holidays. Not only do you earn an extra 1 Avios per £1 on your total spend on top of any flight or car hire Avios, but you only have to pay a small deposit if you book in advance. The prices can often be as cheap or cheaper than flight alone. You can just add one night or two nights of hotel and car hire if you want. You will need to use the BA complex holiday booker for this.
- If you are also doing non-travel related shopping for Black Friday don’t forget about the BA eStore.
What deals have been announced and what may still be coming for Black Friday?
- Virgin Atlantic – The sale officially starts next week. At the moment they have fly before the end of June 2021 and take an extra £30 off Economy, £50 off Premium, and £100 off Upper Class flights on selected routes.
Book by 22 November using code FVS01. Find information and book here.
- Qatar sale next week
- PriorityPass: PriorityPass is offering up to 40% off their lounge access packages. This makes the offer as follows:
- $59 (reg. $99) Standard yearlong membership Standard Plus 25% off
- $224 (reg. $299) … Standard Plus yearlong membership, 10 free lounge visits Prestige 15% off
- $364 (reg. $429) … Prestige yearlong membership — covers all lounge visits
- See more details here.
- Bahia Principe hotels up to 60% off – available from Thursday
- Cathay Pacific sale this Friday
- Fairmont 20% voucher bonus on Black Friday
We will go into the deals in more detail over the coming days.
Still likely to happen based on previous years:
- British Airways sale
- Iberia sale
- Finnair sale
- Kaligo (gives miles on hotel bookings)
- Corinthia London sale
- Luggage sales via Amazon or Samonsite and others
Plus many more……
I will be posting as the deals come in. If any amazing deals come in I will send an extra email out for subscribers but keep checking the site next week as deals go live! The easy way to see all the articles in one place will be this Black Friday category link.