Qatar leased aircraft and 10% off
In 2017 Qatar Airways leased an A350 from LATAM for a year. Qatar have now put a leased LATAM A350 on the Doha – Ho Chi Minh City – Phnom Penh route from 1 April 2019 1 daily. This has seats in a 2-2-2 configuration so nowhere near as good as Qatar’s A350 which features 1-2-1 and on some routes the Q Suite.
There is also 10% off Qatar economy and business class flights to Shanghai, Bangkok, Singapore and other select destinations from the UK if you book by today 28 February 2019 for travel until 10 December 2019.
US one ways fares from £488 & return from £1032
One way – ex EU
It is often annoying if you can only find miles availability one way or don’t have enough for a full round trip in business class. One way tickets are normally super expensive. However, the new TAP deals to the US could be a potential solution to the issue. The deals are available to various East Coast airports as follows:
- Oslo to New York £488
- Oslo to Boston £488
- Oslo to Toronto £588
- Oslo to Montreal £608
- Oslo to Miami £796
Valid for travel commencing on/before 31 May 19.
One thing to be aware of is the crazy taxes and charges BA come up with for their ex-US redemptions. It would be cheaper to fly with Aer Lingus or Iberia if you wanted to use Avios for the return leg.
Return – from London and ex EU
- Copenhagen to Miami from £1032
- Valid for travel commencing on/after 1 Jun 19.
- London to New York from £1126
- London to Boston from £1274
Star Alliance member TAP has an impressive new business class product on their A330-900s. The fares routes via Lisbon. The catch is that at the moment some routes have their old business class product which comes in a 2-2-2 configuration with angled lie-flat seats.
The routes that will have the new seats are:
- Lisbon – Miami five times weekly from 1 March 2019.
- Lisbon-San Francisco: Five services per week from 10th June 2019
- Lisbon-New York (JFK): Twice weekly from 13th April 2019
- Lisbon-Toronto: Three times a week from 31st March 2019
- Lisbon-Boston: Six times a week from 7th July 2019
- Lisbon-Newark: Three times a week from 30th April 2019
Fairmont the Palm Dubai offer
This weekend I will be reviewing my stay at the Fairmont the Palm in Dubai. They have a good offer on now if you fancy getting away for Easter. It is situated on the “trunk” of the Palm so not as remote as some of the hotels on the far fronds.
Book a minimum of three nights’ stay to enjoy 20% off the best available room rate including buffet breakfast.
The rate includes:
• Complimentary 2 hours of play per child per day at Fairmont Falcons Kids Club
• Complimentary use of the Health Club and its leisure facilities
• Access to 4 temperature-controlled swimming pools and private beach
• Complimentary shuttle bus service to Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates
• Complimentary daily newspaper, Wi-Fi access and valet parking
Book by 25 March for stays between 10-30 April 2019. The offer page is here.