UK to Shanghai from £1221
The fares to Shanghai are currently very cheap as Air China also have a fare for around £150 more if you would rather fly Star Alliance. If you have never thought about visiting Shanghai, have a read about our visit to Shanghai in this article.
The fare does involve one stop on the way but you could use this to explore a bit more of China with the free stopovers. The fare is on China Southern, which for many people means they will dismiss it instantly. But, you may want to read on before you do….China Southern are part of Sky Team (until the end of this year). This means you could credit to Delta for example, and be able to use the miles on Virgin as well as all of Skyteam. Most importantly, our reviewer was very impressed with them, especially the onboard service. You can read her review here. They are rated as a four-star airline with Skytrax which is the same as BA. China Southern operates a very modern fleet with B787 Dreamliners for both flights to New Zealand. It’s a fully-flat seat extending to 74 inches (188 cm), with 20 inch (51 cm) seat width and an 84 inch (213 cm) pitch. The only drawback is the 2-2-2 layout of the seats, which is not ideal for solo travellers.
The rules of the fare are:
- Book by: 30 September 2019
- Permitted Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu.
- Valid For Travel Commencing Departure Of First International Sector On/Before 10Dec 19. Or – valid for travel commencing departure of first international sector on/after 24 Dec 19 and on/before 16 Jan 20. Or – valid for travel commencing departure of first international sector on/after 28 Jan 20 and on/before 31 Mar 20.
- Minimum stay: 6 nights or a Saturday night
- Maximum stay: 3 months
- Transfers: 1 transfer in each direction
- Stopovers: Unlimited
- Refundable: For a fee
- Changeable: No