A few weeks ago I talked about the six-month advance purchase fares available with British Airways. If you are after something a little bit sooner, there are a couple of fares flying on Virgin, KLM and Delta to the West of the USA. Phoenix is one of my favourite winter sun destinations. I love the desert landscape and luxury spa hotels. One of my favourites is The Phoenician that you can read my review of here. You can also read my guide to what to do in Phoenix and Scottsdale here.
The fares in business class return are:
- Phoenix from £1544
- San Francisco from £1578
- Los Angeles from £1679
- San Diego from £1645
- New York from £1255
You have to travel on a Delta flight for one of the flights but the new Virgin A350 is available to New York on the fare if you wanted to try it out. Although it says no stopovers, you can break your journey for up to 24 hours for free. Delta is introducing a version of its Delta One business class suite on its B767 from London this winter.
- Book by: 24 September 2019 and at least 90 days in advance
- Outbound -permitted Mon/Tue/Wed on each transatlantic sector.
- inbound -permitted Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri on each transatlantic sector.
- outbound – permitted 24 Nov 19 through 30 Nov 19 or 24 Dec 19 through 07 Jan 20 or 01 Apr 20 through 17 Apr 20 for each transatlantic sector.
- Inbound – permitted 23 Nov 19 through 30 Nov 19 or 22 Dec 19 through 03 Jan 20 or 05 Apr 20 through 18 Apr 20 for each transatlantic sector.
- You have to travel on at least one Delta, Hawaiin or FlyBe flight.
- Minimum stay: a Saturday night
- Maximum stay: 12 months
- Transfers: 3 transfers permitted in each direction free: 1 free in Europe in each direction, 2 free in the United States in each direction
- Stopovers: Not permitted
- Refundable: No
- Changeable: For a fee