Oneworld to Australia from £2583 business class return – Finnair, Cathay and Qantas
If you don’t fancy the Qatar deals from Scandinavia I talked about here, there are some interesting deals from Brussels and Berlin. There are two separate deals. One is from Brussels which is a Cathay Pacific deal just to Sydney. Cathay Pacific are a great airline and I have flown to Australia with them myself. The seats are the reverse herringbone style in 1-2-1 and the onboard food and service is usually impeccable. They have just upgraded their business class service which can read about here. You can read our reviews of Cathay business class here.
The other deals are from Berlin, which involves more flying although a slightly cheaper price and a better choice of destinations. You have to fly to Helsinki first and then on to Hong Kong where you can then fly either Cathay or Qantas on to Australia. Finnair use their A350 to Hong Kong with the reverse herringbone seats. You can read our review here.
Here are the headline fares:
- Brussels to Sydney £2743 on Cathay Pacific
- Berlin to Sydney £2577 on Finnair/Cathay/Qantas
- Berlin to Brisbane £2588 Finnair/Cathay/Qantas
- Berlin to Melbourne £2583 Finnair/Cathay/Qantas
- Berlin to Perth £2583 Finnair/Cathay/Qantas
The rules for Cathay are:
- Book by: 18 December 2019
- Travel: 31 March 2020
- Minimum stay: 3 nights
- Maximum stay: 3 months
- Transfers: Unlimited
- 2 free stopovers permitted on the pricing unit in HKG.
- and – 2 stopovers permitted on the pricing unit in Malaysia/Philippines/Laos, People’S Democratic Republic Of/Myanmar/Pakistan/Indonesia/Vietnam/
Japan/Korea, Republic Of/China/Singapore at €100.00 each.
- and – 1 free stopover permitted on the pricing unit in
Thailand/Taiwan, province of.
- and – 1 stopover permitted on the pricing unit in Israel at €400.00.
- and – 8 free stopovers permitted on the pricing unit in Australia/New Zealand.
- Refundable: Yes for a fee
- Changeable: Yes for a fee
The rules for Finnair are similar except that there is no book by date and stopovers are unlimited and free.
You can book direct with Cathay Pacific here or find the cheapest online travel agent price with Skyscanner.
For Finnair, you can also book direct or with Skyscanner.