UK to Dubai from £1278 business class return
Lufthansa and Swiss have a very reasonable fare from the UK to Dubai starting from £1278. Out of the two, I would probably go with Swiss as the seat layout is slightly nicer but the Lufthansa seats are more comfortable for sleeping unless you are bothered by the small footwell. You can read our reviews of the Lufthansa business class products here.
- Book by: 7 October 2019
- Travel: Valid for travel commencing on/after 16 Sep 19 and on/ before 22 Jun 20.
- Minimum stay: 6 nights or a Saturday night
- Maximum stay: 3 months
- Transfers: Unlimited
- Stopovers: No
- Refundable: No
- Changeable: No
Emirates sale & offers
Emirates have launched another mini sale from airports across the UK. The prices are cheaper than the August sale. You must book by 30 September 19 for travel until 31 July 2020.
I really enjoyed my Emirates flights although being ion the A380 with the 1-2-1 seats makes a difference. You can read my review here. The prices are not great but then Emirates are normally on the pricey side. If you do book it is always worth trying to see if they can be booked on a Qantas codeshare ticket as this allows you to collect BA tier points and Avios.
The best prices from London are:
- Nairobi £1669 from Stansted
- Dubai £1692 from Stanstead or Gatwick
- Beijing/Shanghai £1879
- Colombo £2189
- Mauritius £2269
The rules are:
- Minimum stay: three days or a Saturday night.
- Maximum stay: nine months.
- Travel periods: Valid for outbound travel between 6 September 2019 and 31 July 2020.
- Flight restrictions:
For travel from London Heathrow to Dubai: valid on flights EK 30 and EK 32 only.
For travel from London Gatwick to Dubai: valid on flight EK 12 only.
For travel from Dubai to London Heathrow: valid on flights EK 29 and EK 31 only.
For travel from Dubai to London Gatwick: valid on flight EK 11 only.
- Stopovers: One stopover permitted in Dubai in each direction at no additional charge. One additional stopover permitted at a charge of GBP 200. Maximum permitted duration of each stopover is 14 days.
- Reservation changes before or after departure: permitted at a charge of GBP 300 per ticket except for travel to Dubai where a GBP 400 per ticket change fee applies.
- Cancellations before departure: permitted at a charge of GBP 400 per ticket except for travel to Dubai where a GBP 500 per ticket cancellation fee applies.
You can book direct with Emirates here.
Emirates Skywards offers
If you have miles with Emirates in their Skywards program there are a number of offers to celebrate Hello Michele, thank reaching 25 million Emirates Skywards members. If you are not a member but collect Amex Membership Rewards these offers could be worth considering as MR convert at 1:1 into Emirates Skywards miles.
- Book your ticket using Cash+Miles to any Emirates or flydubai destination and save USD 25 for every 2,500 Miles.
- Book a return Classic Rewards Saver fare to Dubai in Economy Class or Business Class and enjoy a 25% discount.
- Upgrade from Economy Class to Business Class or from Business Class to First Class on your next flight to Dubai for less.
- Don’t have enough Miles to enjoy your next reward? Enjoy a flat 25% discount when you Buy or Gift Miles by 2 October.
You can find more information on the offers here.
IHG hotels sale for IHG Rewards members including InterContinental
IHG has launched a new promotion where members save more when they book an IHG hotel or resort directly until 27 September. This includes premium hotel brands such as Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza and Hotel Indigo. The offer is for stays valid 16 Sept – 31 Mar, 2020. Bookings must be made at least three days in advance and requires non-refundable, full pre-payment for the entire stay at the time of booking. If you are not a member it is free to join here.
You can find the offer page here.