London to USA from £1143 business class return
If you are #teamVirgin or Skyteam then this offer may appeal more than the BA luxury sale which has similar prices (you can see them here). The advantage with this sale is that the range of dates is much better, unlike the BA sale. Most of the BA sale bargains were towards the end of the year.
The disadvantage is that to get the rock bottom prices you have to make one stop via Paris, Amsterdam or in the US. More direct routes are available for around £14oo. You can fly on Air France, KLM, Delta or for slightly more, Virgin Atlantic including their A350.
- Chicago £1305
- New York £1143
- Washington £1168
- Montreal £1315
- New Orleans £1166
- Nashville £1166
- Las Vegas £1562
- LA/ San Francisco £1562
- Denver £1366
The rules are:
- Book by: 45 days before
- Travel: Outbound – Permitted Tue/Wed/Thu. Inbound – Permitted Mon/Tue/Wed.
- Minimum stay: a Saturday night
- Maximum stay: 3 months
- Transfers: 2 transfers in each direction in both the US and Europe plus 1 extra on interline or in Hawaii
- Stopovers: No
- Refundable: No
- Changeable: Yes
You can book direct with Air France, KLM or Delta or find the cheapest online travel agent price with Skyscanner.
Up to 15% cashback with Accor Live Limitless
ALL – Accor Live Limitless hotels represent a good range of luxury hotels such as Sofitel, Pullman, Fairmont and Raffles. There is a very regular cashback promotion which alternates between Top Cashback and Quidco for up to 15% off/cashback.
This week it’s Quidco’s turn. The rates vary by the hotel:
- 15% cashback for Pullman, Sofitel, MGallery, Grand Mercure and Sebel bookings
- 12% cashback for Mercure, Novotel, Suitenovotel, Mama Shelter, Associated Hotel and Adagio bookings
- 10% cashback for Rixos bookings
- 7.5% cashback for Adagio Access, Ibis and Ibis Styles bookings
- 3% cashback for Raffles, Fairmont, Swissotel, Ibis Budget and HotelF1 bookings
I prefer TopCashback as you can convert into Avios with a bonus of 5%, occasionally 25%! Quidco works in the same way, but there are fewer options to redeem the cash. Uber is worth considering if you use them or Uber Eats as there is a 4% withdrawl bonus for premium members.
If you use Quidco or Topcashback you still get all your Accor benefits and points, so it’s a great way to double-dip!
You can join Quidco for free here.
New Marriott Bonvoy bonus
The next in Marriott’s series of uninspiring bonuses has been revealed. It’s called Elevated Earning and you need to register by 31 May 2020. It’s pretty simple, you get 2,000 bonus points on each stay starting with your second stay — with no bonus point limit. It’s valid for stays between 17 March and 14 June 2020.
You can register here for the bonus.
Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card bonus – get Marriott Silver
For every £1 of eligible purchases on your Card, you earn:
- 6X Points at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy
- 2X Points on all other eligible purchases.
- Get 15 Elite Night Credits to help achieve your next Elite status (a decent perk if you are trying to make Gold or above)
- Receive automatic Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status which gives 10% more points on every eligible hotel purchase. Priority Late Checkout, a dedicated phone line for Elite members and the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee (not really worth having)
- Earn Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status when you spend £15,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in an anniversary year.
- One Free Night Award after you spend £25,000 in an anniversary year, redeemable for a one-night stay (redemption level at or under 25,000 points – pretty cheap hotels only) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy.
Other than the ability to earn Bonvoy points, the one thing of interest about the card is the fact that Bonvoy points convert 3:1 to 44 airline miles schemes. So other than an Amex with Membership Rewards Points, it is a good way to have a ‘pool’ of points you can convert to top up other miles accounts. If you transfer 60,000 Marriott points you get 20,000 airline miles + 5,000 bonus miles for all but 3 of the airlines. So if you will manage to earn 60,000 Marriott points easily, then it is reasonable value transferring from Marriott points. Airlines miles include Avios, Alaska, American, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Turkish, TAP and Virgin.
Disclaimer: Turning left for less is a journalistic website. Nothing here should be construed as financial advice, and it is your own responsibility to ensure that any product is right for your circumstances. Reviews are based primarily on the ability to earn miles and points and do not consider interest rates, service levels or any impact on your credit history.