Virgin Upper Class from £781 return
Virgin currently has one of the cheapest ever deals for Upper Class that I have seen. Prices from Heathrow to Delhi start from a super cheap £781 return! The bad news is that it is only valid for travel until 31 January 2021. Given the current situation that may put a lot of people off. However, given their flexible change policy, you may decide it worth the risk. For flights booked between 01 Mar 2020 – 31 Oct 2020 for travel 01 Dec 2020 – 30 Apr 2021 you change your ticket for travel until
30 Sep 2022. You can change the destination or named passenger too and make changes twice. The downside is that you will have to potentially pay any difference in fare (although not if Virgin cancel the flight).
- Permitted 14 Sep 20 through 31 Jan 21 for each on the first international sector.
- Outbound – permitted Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Sun.
- Inbound – permitted Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri.
- Minimum stay: a Saturday night
- Maximum stay: 12 months
- Stopovers: unlimited stopovers permitted in each direction limited to 2 free and unlimited at £200 each.
- Changeable/Refundable: See book with confidence above
Hyatt new promotion – Most Rewarding Bonus Journeys – Coming Soon
Beginning October 1, 2020, World of Hyatt members can register to earn Triple Points across all Hyatt locations worldwide for stays until January 4, 2021, starting with their first qualifying stay during that period. This includes
* Participating Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide across 18 brands such as Thompson Hotels, Hyatt Regency, Andaz, Destination Hotels, Hyatt Place and Hyatt House.
* Participating MGM Resorts , Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) hotels and Lindblad Expedition experiences.
Additionally, for every Tier-Qualifying Night on stays completed during the Promotion Period, members will earn one Tier-Qualifying Night credit toward elite status the year in which they earn it, and one bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credit toward elite status in 2021. This means that you will have a head start on qualifying for status next year, so if you are planning to get Hyatt status, this is a good promotion to register for. I am currently completing a Hyatt status challenge to get Explorist and will have new reviews of 3 Hyatt/SLH hotels coming soon.
If you want to find out more about becoming a World of Hyatt member you can have a read of Paul’s article or the guide to Hyatt
Members must register for this promotion by November 30, 2020. It doesn’t matter when the stay was booked, but only stays completed after registration with a checkout date between October 1 and January 4, 2021 will qualify.
There are also a couple of ongoing promotions for Hyatt that have been extended.
* Free Nights on Sale – World of Hyatt members can receive 15% of their redeemed points back as Bonus Points when they redeem points for free night stays, now through January 4, 2021. Members and have more time to register for the exclusive offer by December 1, 2020. Members can register here
* Free Parking – Now extended for stays through January 4, 2021, free nights now include free parking for all World of Hyatt members on stays through January 4, 2021, and because members always enjoy waived resort fees on free nights, they’re truly free. Globalists will also receive free parking on eligible paid stays during the extended promotion period.
* Dine Local, Earn Triple Points – World of Hyatt members can continue treating themselves when dining close to home by earning triple points on eligible spend for dine-in, takeout or delivery (when mot staying the night) at participating outlets at Hyatt hotels and resorts, now through January 4, 2020.
20% off Four Seasons hotels
Four Seasons are one of my favourite luxury brands but one thing they are not is cheap! Even in current times, there has not been much of a reduction in price. However, they have launched a new deal which is well worth a look as it offers 20% off with changeable dates up to 24 hours before your stay. The downside is that you have to prepay and you can’t get a refund but with changeable dates that may be flexible enough for many people.
You need to book at least 7 days before arrival for a minimum of 2 nights stay. The booking period from September 1 until November 30, 2020, and stays must be completed by June 30, 2021.
If you don’t fancy long haul, there are a number of hotels within Europe including the two in London. Athens, Florence, Milan and Istanbul are all currently on the UK’s travel corridor list.