UK to New York from £916 business class return
TAP has become one of the best value airlines for travel to the US. Not only do they offer a free stopover in one of my favourite European cities, Lisbon, but many routes have their brand new Airbus NEOS. These have a great business class product. These particular routes feature their A321LR which have an alternating 1-2-1 and 2-2-1 layout. The flights are available from Gatwick to Newark and route via Lisbon or Porto.
If you fancy spending New Year’s Eve in New York, then flights are available leaving on 30 December and returning on 3 January.
The rules of the fare are:
- Travel: Outbound Wednesdays from late October until March
- Minimum stay: 6 nights or a Saturday night
- Transfers: 6 free in Europe
- Stopovers: One free
- Refundable: For a fee
- Changeable: For a fee
Australia and New Zealand with Singapore Airlines from £2091
While you may be a BA tier point collector, sometimes it is worth taking the hit on a different alliance for a great deal. This offer is with Singapore Airlines, which I think are a fantastic airline for business class. The bed is definitely the largest I have seen in business class, and the service is also excellent. Plus who doesn’t love an onboard Singapore Sling?
Roving Reporter and I did the same deal to New Zeland two years ago. The flights are from Stockholm and do involve a stop in Moscow. However, this is not as tedious as it sounds. It is well organised, once off the plane you are in the lounge in about 10-15 minutes and then have around 30 minutes before you board again. There are no long walks as the gate is near the lounge and immigration is swift even if it does seem to involve a lot of repeated staring at documents and stamping bits of paper! Stopovers are allowed, so we broke our journey in Singapore. You can read reviews of all our Singapore Airlines flights on that trip here.
The prices in the offer are pretty standard and available most of the time. I would bear in mind that many people predict that prices could rise long term for air travel, so there is no guarantee about what future pricing may do.
- Adelaide £2081
- Sydney £2070
- Melbourne £2057
- Brisbane £2067
- Cairns £2091
- Perth £2054
- Auckland £2056
- Christchurch £2054
- Wellington £2062
The rules are:
- Book by: 60 days before departure
- Travel: Available until March 2020 currently including Christmas. However, given that borders may not open until 2021, it is worth bearing in mind their change policy below.
- Minimum stay: a Saturday night
- Maximum stay: n/a
- Transfers: unlimited
- Stopovers: unlimited in area 3
- Refundable: For a fee
- Changeable: Not normally but there is a current CV19 policy:
|Date of change||Eligibility|
|On or before 30 June 2020||Unlimited complimentary rebooking|
|After 30 June 2020||One-time complimentary rebooking|
Any booking change must be made within a year of your ticket’s date of issue.
UK – South America with oneworld from £1377 business class return
British Airways and Iberia are offering flights from London Heathrow or Gatwick to some South American countries from £1377:
- Bogota £1377
- Quito £1497
- Lima £1497
The flights are via Madrid with Iberia for the long haul sectors. You can read my reviews of our long haul flights with Iberia here.
- Book by: 20 May
- Travel: Valid for travel commencing on/before 25 Mar 21. All travel must be completed by midnight on 25 Mar 21. Outbound – travel is not permitted 17 Dec 20 through 23 Dec 20.
- Minimum stay: 7 nights
- Maximum stay: 12 months
- Transfers: Unlimited
- Stopovers: 2 free stopovers permitted on the pricing unit – 1 in each direction.
- Refundable: No
- Changeable: Not normally but see their CV19 change policy here.