Voucher and gift card bonuses
One of the ways to support the hotel industry which is lower risk and less hassle than booking, is to buy a voucher or gift card. Most companies are doing promotions that add an extra bonus when you buy a gift card.
Etihad 50% bonus
Here are a round-up of some others that I have not featured yet:
Belmond group 20% bonus
The Belmond group consists of exclusive luxury hotels, trains like the Orient Express, cruises and safaris. This includes the iconic Le Manior Aux Qats’Saisons. You can read Claudio’s review of the Belmond Hotel das Cataras at Iguassu Falls, Brazil here.
The Belmond Travel Pass can be spent on their portfolio of hotels, trains, safaris and river cruises. Belmond Gift Cards and e-Gift Cards can be redeemed against goods and services at all Belmond owned and managed hotels, trains and cruises around the world For in-house hotel guests or passengers on board a train or cruise, any charge that can be charged to the guest’s room or cabin can be paid for with a Gift Card. This includes taxes and gratuities. Gift Cards may not be used to secure, confirm or prepay a hotel or restaurant reservation. Gift Cards may be used for advance payment of travel aboard trains and cruises.
– Buy or gift a £500 gift card and receive an additional £100 gift card
– Buy or gift a £1000 or more gift card and receive an additional £200 gift card
The good news is that your gift card has no expiry date, but as it says above you can’t use it for pre-pay rates which could exclude advance purchase bargains. You receive your bonus card as an e-gift card by email when you complete the purchase of the main gift card.
Lastminute.com gift cards with 10% bonus
Until 30 June, you will get a 10% bonus on the purchase of any £50, £100, £200 or £300 Lastminute.com gift card. You can use the e-gift cards for future flights, hotel s or flight + hotel bookings. Most importantly the gift cards are valid for two years, so there is no rush to use them. The catch is that the terms and conditions seem to say you can only use one voucher per booking which would give you a maximum of £330 to spend on a booking.
There are quite a few strict terms and conditions which are worth reading before you decide to purchase
- It can be used multiple times up until the credit finishes
- It can be used as a full or partial payment towards your selected product. If the value of the purchase is above the value of the credit available you can pay the remaining amount with your chosen credit or debit card
- It cannot be used in conjunction with any other e-gift card or promotion (such as cashback/voucher websites)
- It must be activated or sent as a gift within one month. If not activated within one month, the voucher is no longer valid. Once activated, the voucher must be used within 24 months (2 years) from activation to book a flight, hotel, flight + hotel or train + hotel package.
- The actual travel date can also be later than the expiration date.
- It can only be redeemed with the email address used to activate the voucher or with the email address of the recipient it was gifted to.
I often use Last Minute for booking the Sofitel Heathrow T5 for around £135 as a Top Secret Hotel.
You can find the offer page here.
Radisson hotels up to 25% off
Book by 14 July and stay before 31 August 31, 2020 to get up to 25% off at any of Radisson’s more than 1,000 participating hotels throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, the United States, Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Plus: Radisson Rewards members will earn 2,500 bonus points per stay.
If you need to change your plans, you can cancel your reservation for free up to 8 days before you check in.
For hotels in Asia Pacific, flexible cancellation policy is applied, depending on each individual hotel’s policy.
Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
The Bahamas are due to open to tourists on 1 July and the main requirement other than masks in the airport and public transport/taxis is a temperature check at the airport.
Atlantis, Paradise Island will be reopening and has a range of offers including their double hotel credit or 4th Night On Us promotions.
The offer is available for travel until 20 November 2020 and you need to book by 7 July 2020.