Last chance at improved Virgin status match
Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club has announced further enhancements to its British Airways status match programme, which offers frequent flyer benefits to those British Airways Executive Club members who book, or have already booked a flight with the airline. In a bid to provide increased flexibility, members can now choose when their new status will commence; either within 30 days of their application or upon the first month they fly with Virgin Atlantic.
The improved offer is only available until 28th February via https://virg.in/statusmatch where you need to provide proof of their current British Airways status and a booking reference for their upcoming Virgin Atlantic flight. The initiative is available for any new bookings or existing bookings that have not yet travelled.
For each member booking, Virgin Atlantic will provide a Flying Club status match for Bronze- Gold British Airways Executive Club members, opening up a world of upgrades, lounge access, and rewarding flights, plus a wealth of perks and offers with numerous partners in the air and on the ground.
The enhanced offer, which builds on the airline’s current status match programme, includes;
- British Airways Executive Club Bronze members can earn Flying Club Silver status with any Premium or Upper Class booking.
- British Airways Executive Club Silver members can become Flying Club Silver status with a ticket booked in any cabin.
- British Airways Executive Club Gold members will receive Flying Club Gold status with a ticket booked in any cabin – a step up from the airline’s current status match programme, which requires Gold Card members to book flights in either Premium or Upper Class.
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club members can now enrol in Virgin Red, Virgin’s new rewards club. Through the Virgin Red app and website, members can unlock lots of new earning and spending options, across a wide range of products and services from the Virgin family and beyond. New and existing Flying Club members in the UK can easily link their Flying Club account, creating a shared Virgin Points balance that they can use across either programme. At the heart of the bolstered earning and spending opportunities are Virgin Points – the universal Virgin currency that unlike many other loyalty currencies, has no expiry date. You can read more about Virgin Red here.
Virgin Red Members Can Bag 15,000 Points By Switching Their Current Account To Virgin Money
Virgin Red is Virgin’s new rewards club where members can earn on everyday spending. Virgin Points are now the current of Virgin Red and Virgin Atlantic so you can use the points to pay for flights or upgrades as well as many other non-travel options.
Exclusive Virgin Money Offer For Virgin Red Members
Virgin Red members can now boost their Virgin Points when they switch to the Virgin Money Current Account via the Virgin Red app and in return will receive 15,000 Virgin Points. To secure the 15,000 points, there are quite a few hoops as you need to go through:
- Apply online from the Virgin Red app or website for the Virgin Money Current Account and follow the steps within 31 days of your account opening date.
- Complete a full bank switch using the ‘Current Account Switch Service’.
- Download and register for the Virgin Money mobile banking app.
- Transfer or set-up at least two Direct Debits to your new account and don’t cancel them until Virgin Money sends the Virgin Red promo code.
- Credit your linked Instant Access Savings Account with at least £1,000 and keep this in your account until Virgin Money sends the Virgin Red promo code.
However, there are a number of benefits to the Virgin Money current account, including a current account interest rate of 2.02% AER (2.00% gross per annum variable) on balances up to £1,000, interest paid monthly and no monthly fees, and a linked savings account paying 0.50% AER (0.50% gross per annum variable). The account also comes with 0% fees on purchases and cash withdrawals when using your card abroad – which is great for travellers.
If you didn’t want to spend the points on flights, 15,000 Virgin Points could also be redeemed for:
- At home chocolate truffle making class (Virgin Experience Days) + learn a language online (Virgin Experience Days) + Four Roses Original Bourbon (Virgin Wines)
- 6x bottles of Prosecco (Virgin Wines) + charity donation (Virgin Money Giving) + 5x Sausage Rolls (Greggs) + 3x hot drinks (Greggs)
- Theatre and dinner for two (Virgin Experience Days)
- 3x bottles of white wine (Virgin Wines) + Saint Fragrance Candle (Virgin StartUp) + 2x charity donations (Virgin Money Giving) + sweet treat (Greggs) + savoury item (Greggs)
- Relaxing pamper day with three treatments for two (Virgin Experience Days).
…or you can simply save the points towards something big since they never expire.
500 points bonus
As an extra bonus, when a new member joins Virgin Red from 8 February 2021, they will receive an additional 500 Virgin Points on their first earn via the Virgin Red app if points are credited before 31st July 2021. There are plenty of online high street stores such as M&S to earn your first points, so you don’t need to leave your house or spend very much money!
Here is the full list of places that qualify for the bonus: Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Limited Edition, Virgin Wines, Octopus Energy, Boots, M&S, John Lewis & Partners, Argos, B&Q, Adidas, Apple UK, ASOS, Currys PC World, TK Maxx, Virgin Balloon Flights, Ebay, Etsy, Lego UK, Virgin Mobile, Just Eat, Fortnum & Mason, AO.com, H&M, Selfridges & Co, Appleyard Flowers, Wayfair, Nike UK, Samsung UK, Very.co.uk, Wickes, Lookfantastic, Dunelm, Made.com & shopDisney.
How else can you boost your Virgin Points balance?
- Switch your energy to Octopus Energy and receive up to 7,400 points.
- Auto-exchange Tesco Clubcard points into Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club, as the airline is Tesco Clubcard’s exclusive frequent flyer partner.
- Shop with your favourite retailers and earn Virgin Points simply by going via Virgin Red or Flying Club’s Shops Away.
- Collect Virgin Points on every purchase with the Virgin Money powered, Virgin Atlantic credit card. (Ts and Cs apply).
- Earn double points when members use the Virgin Atlantic Credit Card to shop with a number of retailers via the Virgin Red app or Flying Club’s Shops Away.
- Take part in Virgin Red’s quizzes and competitions to be in with a chance of winning Virgin Points.