Qatar has a Valentine’s day sale on but there are not many happy endings this year! From the UK the sale is as follows:
- Flights to:
- AKL, AUH, BKK, BNE, CMB, COK, CPT, CRK, DPS, DXB, GOI, HAN, HKG, HKT, JNB, KUL, MEL,NBO, SEL, SEZ, SIN, SYD, TYO, WDH, ZNZ.
- Sale period: 9 to 16 February 2023.
- Travel period: 16 February 2023 to 30 June 2023.
- Minimum stay: 3 days.
The only fares I would consider a decent price within the next 6 months are as usual ex EU:
- Budapest – Dubai £1509
- Budapest – Cape Town £2191
- Sofia – Singapore £1558
- Sofia – Dubai £1208
- Oslo – Dubai £1270
From London, the Seychelles is not bad at £2408, but that’s about it.
You can find the sale page here.
US, Canada and Mexico Business class fares from £1184
One of the cheapest ways to fly to the US is via Dublin on the six-month advance purchase fares. Dublin has the advantage of being easy to get to from much of the UK fairly cheaply and you travel as a domestic passenger to Dublin which simplifies things. Looking at fares in the next 6 months from the UK for the west coast, for many destinations, the cheapest price is £3000+ return, so these are great deals. You can travel on American Airlines (recent review here), Finnair (review here) or British Airways.
You can also add a stopover at €150, which means you could turn it into two trips by perhaps doing a separate break to Dublin with the positioning flight and the first or last leg of the main itinerary.
Here are the fares per person in business class from Dublin:
- New York £1184
- Los Angeles £1236
- Portland £1273
- San Francisco £1273
- Santa Fe £1275
- Las Vegas £1602
- Palm Springs £1277
- Austin £1273
- Chicago £1257
- Denver £1273
- New Orleans £1309
- Nashville £1264
- Memphis £1277
- Miami £1249
- Key West £1256
- Fort Lauderdale £1246
- Montreal £1256
- Mexico City £1280
- Cancun £1308
- Travel dates: From Europe – Permitted Tue/Wed/Thu on each transatlantic sector.
To Europe – Permitted Mon/Tue/Wed on each transatlantic sector.
- Book by: 180 days before departure
- Minimum stay: Travel from inbound transatlantic sector must commence no earlier than the first Sun after arrival at turnaround, and – travel from turnaround must commence no earlier than 24 hours after arrival at turnaround.
- Stopovers: Unlimited stopovers permitted in each direction in Europe at €150.00 each.
- Transfers: 1 required in London, additional one permitted plus 2 in Europe and 4 in US permitted. This means you can add extra legs to add tier points.
You can book with British Airways here.
Luxury hotel offers
All the following offers can only be booked through specialist luxury travel agents to get all the listed benefits below. You can book the offers through our partners GTC here.
This is probably my favourite luxury London hotel and it is definitely not cheap, so any offer is welcome. It’s always worth checking your American Express card, too as they often do offers with them as well which you can use in conjunction with this offer.
Book three nights and pay for two on stays from January 1 until April 30, 2023 including SELECT benefits:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Full breakfast daily for two guests per bedroom
- 85 GBP Hotel Credit which can be used in Northall Restaurant, Bassoon Bar, Kerridge\’s Bar & Grill, Crystal Moon Lounge, Velvet, In room Dining and ESPA Life at Corinthia (Credit may not be used in the Florist, Gift shop or ESPA retail)
- Flexible check-in/check-out, subject to availability (must advise time of arrival/departure in advance to ensure room availability)
- Complimentary access to both the thermal floor at ESPA Life and AMP fitness/yoga classes
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
The Ritz-Carlton, Boston
Located across from Boston Common in the heart of downtown Boston, The Ritz-Carlton, Boston offers modern urban luxury in one of the country’s most historic cities. Expansive views dominate the 193 guest rooms and nine function rooms, totaling 10,000 square feet of meeting space. The recently renovated guestrooms are stylishly updated with a nod to Boston’s colonial heritage, with modern technology, contemporary design, and flexible workspaces designed with the modern luxury traveler in mind. Artisan Bistro and Avery Bar, the hotel’s restaurant and lounge, take an artisanal approach to creating locally inspired fare and hand-crafted cocktails.
Third Night Complimentary for Club Suites
- Book a Club Executive, Club Luxury, Park View Luxury or Presidential Suite, and receive the third night complimentary, which includes Club Lounge access available from 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM daily. Offer Valid From :Jan 15, 2023 – Aug 31, 2023
Long stay discount
- Stay a minimum of 2 nights, receive 15% off.
Plus all these benefits:
- Complimentary WiFi daily
- First priority on waitlists in sold-out situations
- Early Check-in/late Check-out, based on availability
- First priority for requested room category, bed type, rollaways and connecting rooms
- VIP status granted with in-person welcome
- Priority for complimentary room upgrade (based on availability upon arrival)
- Free breakfast for two
- $100 hotel credit
The London EDITION
Guests staying for three nights or more can receive up to 25% off rates during winter 2023.
- Hotel credit value at $100 USD
- Complimentary or continental breakfast daily, for 2
- Early check-in/late check-out, based on availability
- Priority complimentary room upgrade, based on availability
Love the American flights Michele – thank you. I can see DUB – LHR – MIA in August for £1200 return which is a bargain using a combination of BA and AA.
Comments are closed.