The BA sale is now on until midnight on 24 July 2018 and includes reduced holidays in Club World and Club Europe to many destinations. Travel dates vary. There are some excellent value packages which work out much cheaper than buying the flights alone in many cases. This also gives you 1 Avios per £1 extra on top of any flight or car hire Avios you would have got.
Club World holidays
Prices based on 2 people sharing start from:
- New York – British Airways Holidays offers three nights at the 4* Moxy Times Square from £1,449 per person, travelling August 3 – August 28, 2018. Includes return Club World (business class) flights from London Gatwick.
- Seychelles – British Airways Holidays offer seven nights at the 4* Coco de Mer Hotel and Black Parrot suites, Seychelles from £2,219 per person, travelling 31 October – 15 December, 2018. Includes Club World (business class) return flights from London Heathrow and accommodation with breakfast.
- Dubai – British Airways Holidays offers three nights at the 5* Hyatt Regency Dubai from £1,389 per person, travelling September 1 – September 30, 2018. Includes Club World (business class) return flights from London Heathrow.
- Orlando – British Airways Holidays offers seven nights at the 4* DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Seaworld – Orlando, from £1999 per person, travelling September 3 – September 20. Includes Club World return flights from London Gatwick and accommodation.
- Bahamas – Club World and 7 nights hotel from £2279
Flight plus car hire:
- Miami flights + 7 days car hire from £1579 pp
- San Francisco flights + 7 days car hire from £1499 pp
Club Europe flights & holidays
- Barcelona – British Airways Holidays offers three nights at the 4* Ilunion Bel Art, Barcelona from £269 per person, travelling November 1 – December 9, 2018. Includes Club Europe (business class) return flights from London Gatwick.
- Thessaloniki – British Airways Holidays offers seven nights at the 5* Anastasia Resort & Spa, Thessaloniki from £599 per person, travelling October 5 – October 15, 2018. Includes Club Europe (business class) return flights from London Gatwick and accommodation with breakfast.
- Amsterdam – British Airways Holidays offers three nights at the 4* XO Hotels Park West, Amsterdam from £269 per person, travelling January 1 – January 31, 2019. Includes Club Europe (business class) return flights from London Heathrow.
- Barcelona – Club Europe flights and three nights hotel from £253
- Algarve – Club World flights and 3 nights in one of my favourite hotels, the Conrad Algarve (read reviews here) £301
If you are looking for tier points breaks the following are the cheapest destinations that get 160 Tier points return instead of 80. You can read about tier point runs and see the full list here.
- Malta – business class and 3 nights hotel from £294
- Madeira – business class and 7 nights hotel from £377
You can find the BA luxury sale page here.
Malaysia Airlines Companion fares
Malaysian Airlines mistakenly launched a page on their website advertising companion fares which were good value only to withdraw it a few hours later as reader S found when he tried to book them. Malaysian have now sent out an email with the deal so hopefully this time it is here to stay. Here are the details again:
The latest business class companion offer has some good prices from the UK and you can earn Avios and Tier points on Malaysia too. Malaysia mainly use their new A350 from London which I would strongly advise that you check you are getting before you purchase. Their A380 seats are very dated.
To get the fares you must use the code: FORTWO (case sensitive) and book by 2 Sep 2018. You can travel 1 January – 31 Mar 2019. Booking can be made for 2, 4, 6 or 8 passengers travelling together.
|Fly from London to||Business Class
Special return fares per person when 2 travel from
The new A350 features an almost identical business class to that of their A330. The seats are arranged in an alternating 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 pattern. This means that all of the seats in business class bar three will have direct aisle access, so avoid rows 3,6 and 10K if you want aisle access. This configuration results in 4 of the so-called throne seats which have a large amount of personal space with the additional shelf space on both sides. These are all K seats in rows 1,5, 9 and 11.
One thing to note is that although Malaysia are due to be operating their 2 A350s from Heathrow from now onwards they have been swapping some flights onto the older A380 which does not have a particularly great business class. Currently, the A380 flights are due to operate 20 July 18 to 5 August and from 15 to 28 August.
There are also some single business class fares in the sale though these aren’t as good value:
- Bangkok: £1899
- Kuala Lumpur £1789
You can find the offer page on Malaysia Airlines website.