Cathay Pacific Green Friday – buy one, get one at 50% and more offers
While most of Cathay’s destinations may seem like a distant dream, with vaccinations looking likely in the next few months, we can hopefully expect to countries begin to open up again for travel next year. Cathay may not be the most exciting business class, but I have never had a bad flight with them and found them great during disruptions too. The food is tasty, there are decent wine and champagne, the staff are consistently good and the seat is comfortable in a 1-2-1 configuration. You can read all our reviews here.
Cathay will be offsetting double the carbon emissions for every ticket sold on cathaypacific.com from 20 – 30 November 2020. They have offers for flights from the UK to Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Japan, Australia or New Zealand in 2021.
- If you book a special Two Together fare, not only will you get 50% off the second ticket but they will also double the amount of carbon we offset for both passengers.
- If you book for 3 or more people, you’ll get 25% off each ticket, including children’s tickets.
Taxes and surcharges are excluded from the discount.
They are also offering free and unlimited ticket changes for an entire year. It’s quick and easy to make changes to your ticket. You can push back your travel dates – or select a new destination. You can find out more on this page.
Here are the fares without the additional Two Together discounts:
- Manchester – Hong Kong from £1,749
- Manchester – Bangkok from £2,899
- London/Heathrow – Denpasar (Bali) from £2,909
- Manchester – Jakarta from £2,889
- London/Heathrow – Surabaya from £2,909
- Manchester – Tokyo from £2,629
- London/Heathrow – Nagoya from £2,659
- Manchester – Osaka/Kansai Int’l from “2,629
- London/Heathrow – Sapporo/New Chitose from £2,659
- Manchester – Adelaide from £3,619
- London/Heathrow – Brisbane from £3,639
- Manchester – Melbourne from £3,619
- London/Heathrow – Perth from £3,639
- Manchester – Sydney from £3,619
- London/Heathrow – Auckland from £3,769
Most of these work out not that great value but I estimate the Manchester Hong Kong fare to be around £1350 each return if two travel together which is great value for Cathay direct.
You need to book by 30 November and travel 1 April 2021 to 31 October 2021 to get the discount.
You can find the sale page here.
Intercontinental/IHG hotel Black Friday sale starts with 30% off
While 2020 may not have reached its full potential, your new 2021 diary is waiting to be filled with travel (hopefully!) IHG’s Black Friday offer has started with up to 30% savings off IHG’s Best Flexible Rate when you book with Book Now, Pay Later at participating hotels in UK and Europe. Plus, IHG® Rewards Club members save an extra 2% – it is free to join here.
You need to book by 2 December 2020, and stay up until 30 April, 2021. There is no deposit required, but a minimum of three days advance booking. You can cancel without charge up to 72 hrs before arrival.
Previously a lot of offers meant you had to pay in advance and could not cancel. This offers a lot of flexibility so it’s worth a punt if you like the look of a deal as you can always cancel right up to the last minute and you don’t need to pay anything upfront.