BA reveal plans for 2019
On Tuesday I covered some of BA’s big plans for 2019. They obviously have the same idea as they have released a full press statement with 19 reasons why you should fly BA in 2019. Most of it we already know about but there are a few more details on some of them.
Here are the ones of most interest:
- The January sale – on now. You can read about the best bargains in this article
- New routes: Charleston, Pittsburgh, Osaka, Kos and Corsica, Ljubljana, Montpellier, among others.
- A brand-new Club World seat, featuring on the new A350 aircraft (four arriving in 2019), and two 777 aircraft by the end of the year.
- A new look for First with new dining, bedding and amenity kits from one of the UK’s “best-loved” designers.
- A makeover for World Traveller Plus with new bedding and new dining which BA are dubbing ‘industry leading’
- New lounges in San Francisco (the current BA one is now shut for the refurbishment), Johannesburg, Geneva and JFK (Club)
- New partners for the British Airways Executive Club to collect and spend Avios.
- Digital bag tags.
- Self-service baggage drops at Heathrow T3 offering the same service as T5.
- Facial recognition technology. More biometric technology at Heathrow, London City and Gatwick, New York JFK, Orlando, Los Angeles, Miami and many more. The system makes boarding faster and more convenient, helping British Airways depart flights on, or ahead of time.
- New emissions-free, remote-controlled pushback vehicles for long-haul aircraft to continue to improve punctuality. Short-haul versions reduced pushback delays by more than 70 per cent.
- New winter equipment – helping British Airways de-ice its fleet
- Investment in new technology will see rooms automatically booked for customers who miss their flights due to disruption.
- Enhanced customer service. Almost 30,000 staff will receive the airline’s all-new customer service training. At T5 – more airport hosts than ever before are being re-trained to manage any customer issue, from re-booking to upgrades, lounge access, baggage and transfer queries and flight information. This may be the answer is to why it is rumoured BA will soon not have any separate ticket desks at T5.
If you are regular reader you will know that TLFL is partnering with Business Traveller magazine for a special event on 31 January which you can read about here. If you fancy reading Business Traveller and earning some Avios at the same time you can now get up to 2,500 Avios when you buy 30 issues of Business Traveller UK magazine, 1,250 Avios when you buy 20 issues and 500 Avios when you order ten issues of the print version of the magazine. Subscriptions include full access to the digital edition of the magazine and full membership of BT Plus, the subscriber club for Business Traveller readers.
It is worth considering the benefits of BT Plus as it can offer some good value depending on your travel habits. BT Plus includes:
- GHA Discovery Platinum. Discovery is the loyalty programme by Global Hotel Alliance, the world’s largest alliance of independent hotel brands. GHA are mainly luxury hotels around the world with over 400 hotels, palaces and resorts in 61 countries. Platinum gets:
- Guaranteed room availability up to 48 hours prior to arrival
- An upgrade to next room category
- 3pm late check-out
- Complimentary internet access, bottled water and newspaper
- Urbanologie lifestyle app – 1 year free subscription
- Discounts on luggage, luggage tags and Priority Pass lounge membership
I have always had a BT subscription as I stay at Corinthia and Kempinski hotels and usually get an upgrade through the Discovery program. Other notable brands include Anantara, ParkRoyal, Pan Pacific and Viceroy hotels.
Your Avios will automatically be credited by the Executive Club when your order is complete. You must have entered your membership number and password through the eStore first to take advantage of the offer.
Atlantis the Palm offer
This weekend I will be publishing my review of the Atlantis the Palm hotel in Dubai from my recent stay. In the meantime, if you are already interested in booking there is a new ‘Bucket List’ sale. You get up to 25% off Rooms & Suites and if you chose the platinum half board package as well you get unlimited house beverages during dinner which is only available during the Bucket List Sale. Also if you book 5 nights or more on half board and kids dine free throughout your stay.
- Sale booking dates available from 1 January 2019 – 29 January 2019
- Sale stay dates available from 7 January 2019 – 22 December 2019