British Airways First from £1997
The British Airways sale may have ended, but there are still some good value first class fares around. Some of these fares are what I would normally expect to pay for Club World outside sale periods or 6 month advance fares.
If you want to save even more and earn more tier points, you could look at starting your journey from Inverness which is usually around £150 cheaper due to the lack of APD tax.
Return prices in First class per person from Heathrow:
- New York £2344
- Chicago £2004
- Nashville £1997
- Seattle £2447
The rules are:
- Book by: at least 4 months in advance
- Outbound – permitted Mon/Tue/Wed on each transatlantic sector.
- Inbound – permitted Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri on each transatlantic sector.
- Dates outbound – permitted 1 Jul through 31 Aug or 24 Nov through 30 Nov or 18 Dec through 2 Jan or 1 Apr through 17 Apr for each transatlantic sector.
- Inbound – permitted 1 Jul through 31 Aug or 23 Nov through 30 Nov or 18 Dec through 2 Jan or 5 Apr through 18 Apr for each transatlantic sector.
- Minimum stay: a Saturday night
- Maximum stay: 12 months
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction free
- Stopovers: Unlimited at £300
- Refundable: Yes for a fee
- Changeable: Yes for a fee
Etihad First from £2172
Regular readers will know that Scandinavia is one of the most consistent places for getting a cheap ex EU flight. That means starting your trip from another country. You will have to buy a separate ticket to get you to Sweden but it can save you literally thousands of pounds by doing so. You can read more about it in our beginners guide to ex Eu from Scandinavia here.
I wrote about a good Etihad First offer from Scandivania in September which has now reappeared from Stockholm.
The best fares return in First class are:
- Stockholm-Seoul (A380) £2172
- Stockholm-Singapore £2230
- Stockholm- Male (Maldives) £2633
The rules are:
- Book by: 24 November 2019
- Travel: On or before 25 June 2020.
- Minimum stay: 3 nights
- Maximum stay: 4 months
- Transfers: Unlimited
- Stopovers: Unlimited stopovers permitted on the pricing unit. Limited to 2 free and unlimited at €150.00 each. 1 free in each direction.
- Refundable: Yes
- Changeable: Yes