UK – Maldives from £1646 and more with Sri Lankan 40% off sale
Sri Lankan airlines may not be one you have consisted flying before, but in fact, they are well worth a look. Not only are they part of oneworld meaning that you will earn tier points and Avios, but they also have decent seats. If you fly on the long haul business class A330 they have the same reverse herringbone seats in a 1-2-1 layout as Cathay and Qatar. You can read Paul’s review of his flight here.
To celebrate their 40th anniversary they have a big sale on at the moment. The sale finishes tomorrow, 3 September. As well as the Maldives fare, there are a number of other bargains that tier point runners may be interested in. You can see Paul’s article on how to get BA Gold in almost one go in this article. Or it could be an interesting way to combine with an Avios redemption to get to the Far East cheaply and with some tier points too. All prices for business class return.
- Abu Dhabi – Jakarta £544 (560 TPs)
- Abu Dhabi – Bangkok £546 (360 TPs)
- Abu Dhabi – Maldives £679 (360 TPs)
- Abu Dhabi – Kuala Lumpur £713 (360 TPs)
- London – Maldives £1646
- London – Colombo £1526
Fares seem to be available until the end of March 2020 excluding December. You can find the Sri Lankan sale page here . It is worth considering booking with a travel agent, as it means you don’t have to pay a foreign exchange fee when you pay by credit card as the amount will be in £. You can search for the cheapest travel agent fares on Skyscanner.
Seychelles from £1426
Qatar have a good offer on from Prague to the Seychelles. Prague is also a good place for a night stop as it is a beautiful city with plenty to see, so you could combine the two quite happily. One watch out with this fare is the aircraft types. Prague uses the A320 and the B787 to Doha so try to pick the B787 for the better seats. From Doha, it is an A330 which is not my favourite Qatar seat but acceptable for a fairly short flight like this one which is around 5 hours.
The rules are:
- Book by: 22 October
- Travel: Outbound – permitted Tue through Fri.
- Minimum stay: 7 nights
- Maximum stay: 1 month
- Transfers: Unlimited
- Stopovers: Unlimited free stopovers permitted on the pricing unit 1 in Doha either out/in. A stopover may not exceed 96 hours
- Refundable: For a fee
- Changeable: For a fee
Accor promotion – earn double Avios on stays
From October to December 2019, you can collect double Avios for your stay with Accor hotels. Accor offer a great range of luxury hotels such as Fairmont, Banyan Tree, Raffles and Sofitel.
How to qualify for the offer:
- If you are a Le Club AccorHotels member already: Log in here, click ‘Sign In’ at the bottom of the page, and activate the automatic conversion of Rewards points into BA Executive Club miles.
You are not a Le Club AccorHotels member:
Join Le Club AccorHotels by clicking here, click on ‘Join now’ at the bottom of the page and confirm the automatic conversion of Rewards points into Executive Club miles.
- Book a stay on www.accorhotels.com from 2-30 September for stays from until 31 December 2019 and add your Le Club AccorHotels card number to your reservation.
You can find the offer page here.