Extra hotel discounts with BA sale and another sale may be imminent
The current British Airways short-haul sale (ends on 23 July) has some amazingly cheap flights and holidays. Jersey Girl and I snapped up some bargain economy flights to the Algarve for just £71 which were showing as over £200 a couple of days ago! You can read all about it and the free lounge access deal here.
It is rumoured that a long haul and luxury sale may not be far behind…..
As well as the short-haul deals, BA is offering some hotel discounts and bonuses as well.
Marriott Hotel and Resort credit offer
If you stay 7 nights on a BA Holiday you will receive €350 hotel credit at selected Marriott hotels. There is a good range of luxury hotels available in Europe on the offer.
The offer is available for travel from 1st August – 30th September 2020.
There are some very high-end hotels included in the offer, rather than the usual bog-standard Marriotts. Here is the full list:
- W Barcelona, Barcelona
- Hotel Arts Barcelona, Barcelona
- Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa, Barcelona
- The Bodrum Edition, Bodrum
- Domes Zeen, Chania
- Domes Zeen, Chania
- Domes Noruz Chania, Autograph Collection, Chania
- Domes Noruz Chania, Haute Living, Chania
- Domes Miramare, A Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu
- Pine Cliffs Hotel, a Luxury Collection Resort, Faro
- Pine Cliffs Residence, A Luxury Collection Resort, Faro
- Pine Cliffs Ocean Suites, Luxury Collection Resort, Faro
- Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection, Heraklion
- Domes of Elounda, Villa & Residences, Heraklion
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Heraklion
- W Ibiza, Ibiza
- The Westin Costa Navarino, Kalamata
- The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort, Kalamata
- Parklane, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Larnaca
- Penha Longa Resort, Lisbon
- Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Malaga
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
- Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos
- Le Meridien Beach Plaza, Nice
- “Hotel Cala di Volpe, Luxury Collection” Olbia
- Hotel Romazzino a Luxury Collection Hotel Costa Smeralda, Olbia
- Hotel Pitrizza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Costa Smeralda, Olbia
- Castillo Hotel Son Vida, Palma
- The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Palma
- Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel, Palma
- Sheraton Rhodes Resort , Rhodes
- Vedema a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini
- Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Santorini
- The Ritz-Carlton Abama,Tenerife
- Falisia a Luxury Collection Resort and Spa Portopiccolo, Venice
Ritz-Carlton Abama in Tenerife
There is also a separate offer for the Ritz-Carlton Abama in Tenerife which may work out better if you don’t want to have a full week there. That offer gives 20% off for stays in August and September plus a free upgrade!
You can find the offers page here.
BA temporarily stopping lounge access in some Spanish airports
As people begin to fly I am getting reports for many readers about lounge access in airports abroad. So far, it seems that at the moment despite lounges being open, British Airways is not providing lounge access in either Malaga or Palma airports which both previously provided access to lounges. If you have a Priority Pass or Lounge Pass, you may be able to get in that way.
The issue seemss to be between AENA and BA rather than a deliberate act to no longer pay for lounge access. According to Twitter, the issue is expected to be resolved by early this week.
Hilton rollover nights
I wrote last week about Marriott’s offer to give all Elite members a gift of 50% of the nights required to renew their status. Hilton is now doing something similar and rolling over any nights you stay in 2020 into 2021. So in effect, the usual reset of nights will not happen at the end of the year. This means you have double the amount of time to earn status. If you already have done some stays this year or are likely to, it could be worth looking at whether you would make a higher status with the extra time. Hilton has already given an extension of your existing status until March 2022.
Here is a list of the status levels and how many nights you need:
- Silver – 10 nights
- Gold – 40 nights
- Diamond- 60 nights
Gold and Diamond are well worth having for the free breakfast and upgrades with Diamond’s also getting lounge access. You can read more about it in this article.