Firstly a reminder that our TLFL Reader article competition only has a few days left. All entries must be submitted by midnight on Sunday 31 July.
There are three prizes:
The first and second place prize will be based on the number of page views of your article received within 7 days of the article being published.
Entries should be emailed to [email protected] and can be in any format such as email, word or google docs.
You must supply a minimum of 3 photos of your own. Consider that more high-quality photos may make your review more popular and interesting. A maximum of 20 photos may be submitted.
- First prize – 25,000 Avios
- Second prize – lunch, dinner or afternoon tea for two at a choice of restaurants. This includes:
- Champagne afternoon tea at most of The Ivy branches
- Three Course Lunch for Two at Gordon Ramsay’s Savoy Grill
- Three Course Meal with Bottomless Prosecco for Two at The Mayfair Lounge and Grill at The Cavendish
- Three Course Meal with Cocktails at Marco Pierre White London Steakhouse Co for Two
- Three Course Dinner with Glass of Prosecco for Two at Gaucho (11 locations)
- Six Course Tasting Menu Created by Andrew Sheridan and Jake Smith at Divide for Two in Birmingham
- Special award – this will be given for the review that is judged the most entertaining and informative based on my opinion and any feedback in the comments section. So if you read a review you enjoy – make sure you say so in the comments! The prize is a bottle of Champagne Laurent-Perrier Brut La Cuvée (In Gift Box With 2 Glasses).
You can find more details here.
GHA hotels 20% off – Kempinski, Corinthia, Anantara and more
There is 20-40% discount on a range of luxury hotels, including Anantara, Corinthia and Lempsinki via GHA Discovery. Discovery is the loyalty program for GHA group of hotels that includes a worldwide range of luxury hotels from the US to the Maldives, Asia, and Europe. It’s free to join Discovery here, and then you can access the sale prices on this page.
An example of an offer would be the Corinthia Palace Malta which has 20% off and includes:
- Complimentary breakfast at Villa Corinthia
- 15% on body treatments of 60 minutes or longer at Athenaeum Spa
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- Complimentary access to the indoor pool and outdoor pool
Many of the offers need booking by 1 August so don’t hang around!
Leading Hotels of the World – up to 20% off and 1000 points
Leading Hotels of the World have a selection of some of the most luxurious and iconic independent luxury hotels in the world. Their loyalty club used to be a paid membership, but it is now free and so worth joining.
As a Leaders Club member, you receive access to Leaders Club Exclusive Rates for savings of up to 20%. Plus, for a limited time only, you can also earn 1,000 Bonus Points. Here’s how it works:
- Book a stay on the Leaders Club Exclusive Rate at participating hotels between July 26 and September 29, 2022
- Complete your stay between July 27 and September 30, 2022
- Enjoy a one-time 1,000 Points Bonus plus earn 1 Point for every USD spent during your stay
- Receive a pre-arrival upgrade to be used on a future stay.
With redemptions that begin at just 4,000 points, you’ll be on your way to a free night even faster.
One of my favourite places to stay, Asia Gardens in Spain is one of their hotels if you are looking for a relaxing break with an Asian flavour without travelling long haul.
Reserve by logging into your Leaders Club account, or through your travel agent using your Leaders Club number.
Mandarin Oriental Singapore
I stayed at this hotel in May on my Singapore trip. Singapore is much simpler than it used to be with a couple of online forms to fill in with your vaccination details being the main requirement. There were only short queues at the airport and everything felt relatively normal apart from wearing masks indoors.
From now till 31 December 2022, you get a complimentary 3rd night with every 2 consecutive paying nights in any Club Rooms or Club Suites!
I did not stay in a Club room, but I wish I had reading this!
Benefits of a Club room:
• Champagne breakfast from 6:30 to 10:30am
• Daytime bites and pastries from 11am to 2pm
• Afternoon tea from 2:30 to 4:30pm
• Evening cocktails from MO BAR (one of the World’s and Asia’s 50Best Bars and also one of my favourite bars in Singapore) with hors d’oeuvres from 5:30 to 7:30pm
• Desserts and late-night refreshments from 9:30 to 10:30pm
• Selection of premium Champagne, wines, spirits, beers and soft drinks, available throughout the day
• Two-hour usage of meeting rooms per day (non-accumulative) thereafter, hourly room rental rate will apply (advanced reservations required and subject to availability)
• Complimentary high-speed internet access
• Complimentary garment pressing of up to two pieces per day (non-accumulative)
• Complimentary beer and soft drinks from minibar
To book, contact GTC via our online form here.
Four Seasons Hotels US and Canada
Four Seasons have an offer for an extra night free at many of their USA hotels as well as Canada. The stay dates vary between each hotel as do the number of nights you need to stay to get a free night. They are either offering a free third or fourth night.
The offer also comes with extra benefits when you book through GTC:
- USD100 food and beverage (city hotels) or USD100 Spa credit (leisure hotels) but can vary
- Upgrade subject to availability at check-in
- Early check-in/late check out subject to availability
The hotels participating are:
- Las Vegas (read review here)
- New Orleans
- San Francisco
- Orlando at Disney World
- Fort Lauderdale
To book contact GTC via our online form here.
Miami from £1061 business class return
Here is another deal brought to you in partnership with the Dutch flight deals subscription website, Luxury Flight Club. (Please note they are not a travel agent). This is one of the cheapest transatlantic deals I have seen for a while other than TAP. All three starting points make a great stopover, so I’d advise building in an overnight stay in case of any schedule changes or delays. You can stopover free for less than 24 hours or there are stopover options available.
- €75 in Europe
- €600 in the US
- Transfers: Possible for free
- Min. stay: 6 days
- Travel dates: JAN – JUN ’23
The flights are with Skyteam airlines such as Delta, Air France and KLM. You can credit all of these to Virgin Atlantic if you don’t want to collect Skyteam miles.
- From Madrid (MAD)
- to Miami (MIA) €1,270
- Chicago (ORD) €1,288
- From Malaga (AGP)
- Miami (MIA) €1,262
- From Valencia (VLC)
- Miami (MIA) €1,371
On the dates I looked at, Delta wasn’t flying their Delta One suite from Paris, which most of the flights except KLM route through. However, they have done in the past. Delta’s other seats are still all aisle access, but I’d try Air France as they have the A350 on the Miami route plus new menus created by a Michelin star chef, which sound great.
You can book Air France here, KLM here and Delta here.
South America from £1184
There are also some good deals to South America with KLM/Air France from Lisbon. The São Paulo fare is also available from London for a bit more.
Again Lisbon is a great city to build in a stopover for free for 24 hours. The fare is available from November onwards, although there is no availability in December and there is limited weekend availability at other times.
- Minimum stay: 6 days or a Saturday night
- Maximum stay: 3 months.
- Stopovers: not permitted.
- Cancellations: non-refundable.
- Changes: €300 charge
- Lisbon business class return to:
- São Paulo £1184
- Lima £1390
- Bogota £1465
- London to
- São Paulo £1389
You can book Air France here, and KLM here.
São Paulo, please! (Portuguese, not Italian)
We always look at a club option room, often not much more.Ever since we stayed at the Millennium in KL. For about £10 we bought the club upgrade. No contest. The manager, a brit at reception suggested we did the upgrade. Even had a luxurious balcony where we
enjoyed the towers view. The MO is fabulous too…great review.
In my view, GHA is a bit of a dark horse; excluding Kempinski, they have a huge variety of amazing hotels in their portfolio.
We have stayed at a number of Anantara’s over the years and cannot fault them on quality or wow factor; the Qasr Al Sarab and Sir Banyias Island are both bucket list stays.
Due to stay at one of the Capella’s in September, again it looks an outstanding place.
The loyalty scheme isn’t going to set the world alight with what it offers, even at the top tier it reallydoesn’t offer much, but points isn’t the be all to everything (OK, free hotel stays are nice)..
I would rather stay somewhere amazing and get enough Discovery dollars to get the wife a free massage rather thrown in the bargain than stay somewhere not so great just because it’s going to help keep my diamond or platinum status for another year (which I have done).
Comments are closed.