In this post:
A good offer has popped up on Heathrow Rewards, so I thought it may also be worth a recap on the benefits of the scheme.
If you collect Avios, it is pretty much a no-brainer to sign up for Heathrow Rewards if you fly through the airport. Heathrow Rewards allows you to collect points that can be converted into Avios and other airline miles or used for shopping, parking and other rewards. If you don’t want a credit card, it’s a good way to earn points in other airlines if you travel through Heathrow frequently.
There is a 100-point bonus just for signing up, which converts into 100 Avios, although you do need 250 points to redeem them.
You collect points as follows:
- 1 Heathrow Rewards point for every £1 you spend in shops, bars, cafes, restaurants, porter service, official Heathrow car parks and more
There are also a number of other ways to collect Heathrow Reward points:
- 1 Heathrow Rewards point for every £10 of currency exchanged at Travelex
- On a hotel booking with Rocket Miles. Points will depend on the hotel.
- On Heathrow Express – £10 = 10 reward points
- Transferring Lufthansa miles in – 7,500 miles = £20 of Heathrow Rewards points*
- Transferring Emirates miles in – 6,000 miles = £20 of Heathrow Rewards points.*
- Left luggage – 1 point per £1 at Excess Baggage Company
Heathrow Rewards points are valid for three years from the date of your last transaction. So as long as you use the card every three years, they won’t expire.
*Sadly you can’t transfer these points back into other airline schemes.
Points convert at 500 Heathrow Rewards points = £5 shopping voucher, £5 Heathrow Express voucher or £10 off official Heathrow parking. There are instant rewards which you can spend in:
Watches of Switzerland
World Duty Free
World of Whiskies
There are also reward vouchers that you order that can be spent almost everywhere in the terminal. These are valid for one year.
You can also transfer 250 points to 250 miles into:
- Aer Club
- Asia Miles
- British Airways Avios
- Emirates Skywards
- Lufthansa Miles & More
- Singapore Airlines Krisflyer
- Virgin Flying Club
You can now access your Heathrow Rewards virtual card at any time by logging into ”My account’ and click on ‘My loyalty card’ to download your virtual card on an iPhone.
Heathrow Rewards Premium
To qualify for Heathrow Rewards Premium, you need to spend £750 or more in one calendar year to be upgraded until the end of the following year. As well as double points on virtually all purchases at Heathrow (2 per £1), Premium members get other offers and benefits. They used to be pretty good, but most have now disappeared.
- 5,000 bonus Heathrow Rewards points with your first Rocketmiles hotel booking after achieving Heathrow Rewards Premium (new customers only)
- One £10 discount when you spend £100 at World Duty Free
Special offer – Up to 10,000 extra points
If you are planning on buying designer goods, it is still worth considering Heathrow as although there is no tax-free or duty free shopping on most designer goods, you could at least earn some points that you could convert to vouchers or airline miles.
If you are planning some serious spending, the regular bonus offer for Heathrow Rewards is back when you spend on on Jewellery, Watches and Technology :
- 10,000 extra points when you spend £4,000 or more at Bulgari, Cartier, InMotion, Tiffany & Co. and Watches of Switzerland.
- 4,000 extra points when you spend £2,500 – £3,999.99 at Bulgari, Cartier, InMotion, Tiffany & Co. and Watches of Switzerland
- 2,000 extra points when you spend £500 – £2,499.99 at InMotion
- 500 extra points when you spend £250 – £499.99 at InMotion
The offer is valid until 7 January 2024. Purchases made at a Rolex store or Rolex products purchased at Watches of Switzerland stores will not count towards this offer.