The Jumeirah One (previously the Jumeirah Sirius) program includes all the Jumeirah branded hotels across the globe, as well as some other notable examples such as Carlton Tower Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, and Capri Palace Jumeirah.
In general, the program is free to join and offers the following benefits for all members, regardless of membership tier:
- Complimentary wi-fi
- Complimentary one night stay
- 10% savings on entrance to Wild Wadi Waterpark™
- 10% savings on spa treatments
- Early access to offers and sales
Members also earn two ‘Jumeirah One’ points for every $1USD spent.
The first membership tier is Silver and starts at 5000 points, before moving onto Gold tier at 30,000 points, and finally Platinum at 90,000 points.
See below a quick rundown of the advantages of each tier level:
As you can see, although it is quite a significant spending jump between Silver and Gold, the advantages are slightly underwhelming unless you stay a lot rather than just spending a lot per stay and would use things like airport transfers which could save a significant amount of money.
How Do I Earn Jumeirah One Points?
You earn two tier points per $1 spent. Points can be earned based on Eligible Spend at all Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts, Zabeel House by Jumeirah The Greens, as well as residences managed by Jumeirah Living LLC.
- Eligible Room Rates and charges
- Food and beverage charges at Jumeirah managed outlets
- Spa treatments at selected Jumeirah spas
- Jumeirah Gift Vouchers purchased on Jumeirah’s website
- Retail purchases at selected Jumeirah-owned retail outlets
- Entrance fees to Jumeirah’s Wild Wadi Waterpark™ in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (please note that points are NOT earned on any food, beverage or retail charges)
- With selected Partners that allow Members to collect Jumeirah One Points when they purchase their goods or services (note: Tier Points are not earned with partner purchases). A list of participating partners can be found here.
Members will also receive a ‘bonus’, depending on what tier level of the program they have achieved. There may also earn be promotions where bonus points can be earned.
How Can I Spend Jumeirah One Points?
Points can be redeemed in the following ways:
- for hotel stays
- in exchange for Rewards (including dining, spa, retail, beach access and other services at Participating Properties, as well as for Wild Wadi Waterpark™ entry) (please note that points are NOT earned on any food, beverage or retail charges inside the Waterpark)
- as payment at the time of check-out or in selected restaurants at Participating Properties
- for Points to Miles transfer with selected Partners
- for merchandise on the Jumeirah One Rewards Store and Dezerved store
The rate for hotel stays varies across the year, and also depends on the property. See below for some examples of the points ‘cost’ per stay. Members can pay their bill, either in a restaurant or at front desk, partly with Points and partly with cash, as there is no minimum amount of Points required.
It’s now a revenue-based system which generally makes it poor value. Jumeirah tends to have very expensive properties so you need an awful lot of points to get a room.
Here are a couple of examples of cash versus a points redemption:
- Carlton Tower Jumeirah London– £485 or 30,604 points
- Burj Al Arab Jumeirah Dubai £1000 or 67,735 points
In terms of airline miles, members can transfer their points to the following programs: Emirates Skywards, JAL Mileage Bank and Saudia Alfursan. However, the return rate is quite low;
Emirates Skywards: at the ratio of 2 Jumeirah One Points for 1 Skywards Mile. A minimum of 100 Jumeirah One Points must be exchanged, and in multiples of 100 Points thereafter.
JAL: at the ratio of 2 Jumeirah One Points for 1 JAL Mileage Bank mile. A minimum of 100 Jumeirah One Points must be exchanged, and in multiples of 100 Points thereafter.
Saudia Alfursan: at the ratio of 2 Jumeirah One Points for 1 Alfursan mile. A minimum of 100 Jumeirah One Points must be exchanged, and in multiples of 100 Points thereafter.
You can also spend on smaller items such as:
- GBP 100 Dining or Spa voucher = 6,700 Points
- Bottle of house wine = 1,000 Points
- Afternoon Tea (Dubai) – 2,700 Points
- Charitable Donations via the Jumeirah One Rewards Store
- Bi-monthly raffles for prizes worth approx. GBP 4’000 – 100 Points per ticket
Do Jumeirah One Points Expire?
Points will not expire as long as the member remains ‘active’. That means if an account has not accrued any Jumeirah One points on Eligible Spend in the last twenty-four consecutive months, the Member will forfeit all accumulated Points.
Generally, it is not worth trying too hard to attain status as the amount of points needed is high to redeem and the benefits of status can be had by booking through Amex FHR if you have a platinum card or by using a luxury travel agent such as our partners GTC.
With GTC you get:
- Daily complimentary breakfast
- Room upgrade on arrival, based on availability
- $75 f&b or spa credit, per room, per stay
- Early check-in and late check-out, based on availability
- Complimentary WIFI
- Complimentary 1-way airport transfer (suite guests, Europe, 2 night minimum)
The price you pay is the same as booking the flexible rate direct. However, since with GTC you can also earn and receive status benefits, there is no harm in joining and adding your membership number. If you spend at least $500 you at least could get a bottle of house wine free!