Leaders Club by Leading Hotels of the World
Leading Hotels of the World covers 375 independently run luxury hotels in 75 countries. This includes many well known hotels such as the Ritz in London, Asia Gardens Hotel and Spa in Spain (you can read the review here) and Roving Reporter’s favourite hotel in the world, The Datai, an honour he does not bestow lightly. The Datai is situated on Langkawi, an island off the coast of Malaysia. If you are interested in staying at the Datai, you had better be quick, as they are due to close for renovations from 4 September 2017. Despite being a fabulous hotel currently, the renovation will include the complete redesign of the rooms, suites and villas as well as some additional features and landscaping.
The LHW’s loyalty scheme, the Leaders Club, operates in a different way to most schemes. Membership is charged at $150, which is pretty steep. However, if you are going to be staying more than 4 times in a year or somewhere expensive, it may well be worth the investment.
It has an excellent range of benefits which include:
- Special rates up to 20% off
- Early check-in, late check-out subject to availability
- Welcome gift
- Members-Only Offers
- Earn one complimentary night at a Leading Hotel for every five stays you complete.
- Complimentary continental breakfast for two each day.
- One-category room upgrade – subject to availability at check in
- Complimentary internet access
- Sixt Platinum Card which include up to 15% discount and an upgrade on rental cars
- Luggage Free – a company that will ship your luggage for you. You receive:
- A one-time $150 Annual Credit
- 10% off on all shipments
Leaders Club promotion
If you are planning on a longer stay at a LHW and have a MasterCard, it is probably worth purchasing membership to the Leaders Club. They currently have a promotion where you in effect get back the $150 fee for joining. Then you are free to enjoy all the benefits listed above.
The way the promotion works is by giving you a $150 hotel credit (or equivalent in local currency) per room to be used during your stay. To qualify you must stay at least three consecutive nights at a participating hotel (which includes The Datai). You must also when make your booking and pay with your MasterCard. The hotel credit must be used on in the hotel during the stay and can’t be applied to the room rate.