British Airways launch new BA holidays guarantees
Today British Airways Holidays is launching its Customer Promise to provide customers peace of mind when booking a holiday. Most of it is not new, but it summarises everything in one place.
At the moment, booking a BA holiday is a good way to book with low cash outlay and low risk. Not only do you get an extra Avios per £1 spent there are other benefits including low deposits, a 24-hour holiday helpline and ATOL protection. Any bookings with BA that I am making at the moment are generally either Avios or BA Holidays bookings. Quite often they work out cheaper than a flight and hotel separately. At the moment you only have to pay the balance 3 weeks before as well which makes it a lot easier for being out of pocket for a while if it gets cancelled.
One thing that stands out is that they now offer a full refund within 14 days as is the law. Whether this happens in reality at the moment I am not so sure. I did have to chase one of my BA refunds after about 3 weeks, but the rest came back within a few days.
The Customer Promise includes several new initiatives, as well as complete clarity on what a booking with British Airways Holidays guarantees. It is now live on the BA Holidays homepage: ba.com/holidays.
Here is what BA are promising:
- We’ll let you change your plans | If you book a holiday before 31 August 2020 for travel up to 30 April 2021, we’ll let you amend your booking for free (just pay the difference in price) or cancel it and get a voucher for travel up until 30 April 2022 – view the full policy
- We’ll let you manage your payments flexibly | Secure your booking with a deposit from as little as £75pp, pay off the balance in instalments, and your final payment is not due until three weeks before your holiday starts. Find out more.
- We’re committed to hotel safety standards | We have asked all our accommodation partners to sign up to our new Covid-19 minimum standards, created in line with World Health Organization guidance, to ensure you can enjoy your holiday safely. Find out more
- We’ve introduced extra measures on British Airways flights| You’ll see changes at every step of the journey when you fly with us, with new measures on the ground and in the air. Find out more
- We’re here for you when you need us | We have a 24-hour holiday helpline for any issues whilst you’re away, and if your plans change or the unexpected happens, we will prioritise getting you home as soon as possible.
- We’ll act responsibly and without delay | In the event that we cannot fulfil your holiday package, in keeping with our obligations under the Package Travel Regulations, you will receive a full refund within 14 days.
- We’ll always protect you and your money | All our holidays are ATOL protected, for complete peace of mind.
British Airways Avios appeal for NHS workers update
You may remember that Avios Ltd and British Airways started an appeal for people to donate Avios to NHS workers alongside their own contribution of 210 million Avios. The appeal raised a total of 305 million Avios, which is enough to reward at least 5083 NHS workers.
Avios Group Ltd, the business which manages the Avios loyalty programme, kick-started the appeal by donating 210 million Avios points, with members of the British Airways Executive club donating an additional 95 million.
Over 250 hospitals, ambulance trusts and other NHS healthcare organisations will distribute the Avios to their hard-working staff.
The 60,000 Avios points that each selected NHS worker will receive equates to a pair of return flights and a two-night hotel stay in a range of European destinations. Alternatively, these Avios can be put towards experiences across the UK including theatre shows and river cruises, or free car rental. As always, Avios can also be used to reduce the cost of any flight through Avios part payment. The NHS workers who receive Avios are free to use them as they wish.