In this post:
New UK Avios credit card launched with upgrade vouchers
Barclaycard has partnered with Avios to launch two new Mastercard credit cards that give customers the opportunity to collect Avios when making purchases, as well as providing lots of travel-related perks. This is a similar product to the old Lloyds card but it is not fee-free for foreign exchange spending.
The Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus cards are available to new and existing Barclaycard customers. The Barclaycard Avios card carries no monthly fee and offers new customers 5,000 Avios when spending £1,000 in the first three months. Customers also collect one Avios for every £1 spent.
The Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card (£20.00 fee per month) rewards new customers with 25,000 Avios when spending £3,000 or more within the first three months and you collect 1.5 Avios for every £1 spent.
Barclaycard Avios card
- New-to-Barclaycard customers receive a welcome bonus of 5,000 Avios if they spend £1,000 in the first three months.
- Existing customers who switch to this card collect 1,000 Avios if they spend £1,000 in the first three months.
Barclaycard Avios Plus: (£20 monthly fee)
- New-to-Barclaycard customers receive a welcome bonus of 25,000 Avios if they spend £3,000 in the first three months. Existing customers who switch to this card collect 5,000 Avios if they spend £3,000 in the first three months.
- Access to Mastercard’s Priceless.com with further benefits is also included.
- Barclaycard Avios card: New and existing customers earn a cabin upgrade voucher each year if they spend at least £20,000 within their card year.
- Barclaycard Avios Plus: New and existing customers also earn a cabin upgrade voucher each year if they spend at least £10,000 within their card year.
- Upgrade vouchers will be valid for 2 years.
Other benefits include an annual cabin upgrade voucher for reaching a specific spending milestone, as well as Barclaycard’s Entertainment perks – which offer up to 10 per cent off pre-sale tickets, food and drinks at selected venues and events with Barclaycard Entertainment.
- You receive Mastercard World Elite privileges
- Whilst not travel related, you also get up to five months of Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple News+ and Apple Arcade for free
Cardholders will also have access to Priceless.com, offering further benefits across entertainment, arts & culture, travel, shopping and health & wellbeing.
Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus customers can track their Avios usage by downloading the Barclaycard App or logging on to their British Airways Executive Club account,]
To learn more and apply today, visit: barclaycard.co.uk/avios
Finnair announces cancellations and reroutes due to Russian conflict
Finnair has joined many other European airlines and suspends its flights in Russian airspace for one week.
Finnair has cancelled its passenger and/or cargo flights to Seoul, Osaka, Tokyo, Shanghai and Guangzhou in Asia and to Moscow and St Petersburg in Russia between 28 February and 6 March. Flights to Hongkong were cancelled until the end of March already.
Finnair continues to operate passenger and/or cargo flights to Bangkok, Phuket, Singapore and Delhi but will reroute the flights to avoid Russian airspace. This lengthens the flight times by approximately one hour. Finnair flies to Bangkok and Phuket also from Stockholm Arlanda in addition to Helsinki.
Finnair will communicate flight cancellations directly to customers who have bookings on the cancelled flights and will do its best to reroute customers to their destinations on other flights. Customers can also apply for a full refund for the unused tickets. In addition, Finnair has made changes to its refund policy. Customers can cancel their flight and apply for a refund if they have a flight to South Korea, Japan or China between 27 February and 13 March. A full refund is also possible for flights to Russia at the moment.
The decision on Russian airspace usage after March 6 will be made later.