Etihad to bring new business class seats to London
I recently wrote about Etihad’s new business class seat which it has debuted on its A350. The existing seats are pretty good but the new seat is even better being a suite with a door. I featured two recent reader reviews of Etihad, both of which were favourable of the airline. My own experiences have always been good as well.
The good news is that Etihad Airways will roster its A350 aircraft onto one of the carrier’s daily flights between Abu Dhabi and London Heathrow from 30 October 2022. EY 11 and 12 will are the current flight numbers expected to feature the A350. As always this could change, however, all the existing seats are good so it’s not too much of a downgrade if there was a swap.
Oman, Greece, Cyrus and Italy chance Covid rules
As travel companies in the US call for an end to the strict Covid tests for the US, it is looking more and more out of touch with the rest of the world as yet more countries drop Covid requirements.
Oman has dropped all COVID-19 restrictions, which means travellers can enter the country without a PCR test. The country has also scrapped its track and trace requirements. The mandatory wearing of masks in public places has also been dropped.
From 1 June travellers will no longer have to provide proof of vaccination or recovery from Covid or supply a test. However, masks are currently compulsory in all indoor public spaces for everyone aged six and above including airports.
From 1 June travellers will no longer have to provide proof of vaccination or recovery from Covid or supply a test to enter the country.
You will no longer have to wear a face mask indoors in Greece which includes taxis, indoor public spaces and on flights. However, in a rather strange move other forms of public transport such as buses, the metro and trams will require a mask.
New American Express travel offers
In recent weeks Amex has been found some good travel offers and a few more have appeared. Which ones you get can depend on the card or be targeted. Don’t forget that you can double dip on hotels by using our luxury travel partners GTC to get additional benefits such as $100 hotel credit and upgrades. Just make sure you pay with the correct Amex to get the offer. It’s worth noting that most hotel offers are valid only for checkout spend and some don’t include any food and beverage purchases. Make sure you check all the terms of the offer closely.
Here are a few to look out for:
- Trailfinders – Save to Card to get a £100 statement credit when you make a single, eligible transaction of £1,000+ in participating store(s) at Trailfinders by 6/7/2022. for straightforward flight bookings Trailfinders are reliable and helpful. They do sometimes have fares lower than elsewhere on special offers. However, you have to book by ringing them rather than directly online or you can visit one of their stores.
- Mandarin Oriental – Save to Card to get a £100 statement credit when you make one or more transactions up to £500+ in participating hotel(s) or online at Mandarin Oriental by 31/8/2022.
- The Londoner – Save to Card to get a £75 GBP statement credit when you make a single, eligible transaction of £500+ in participating hotel(s) or online at The Londoner Hotel by 31/8/2022. Valid once per Card. I really enjoyed my stay at the Londoner which you can read about here.
- The Leading Hotels of the World – Save to Card to get a £100 statement credit when you make one or more transactions up to £350+ in participating hotel(s) at The Leading Hotels of the World by 20/7/2022. Valid once per Card
- Avis – Save to Card to get a £30 statement credit when you spend £200 on Avis prepaid rentals. Book & pay by 17 July 2022. Valid for UK prepaid domestic rentals for the first 20,000 Card members to save the Offer.
- Radisson Edwardian London – Save to Card to get a £50 GBP statement credit when you make a single, eligible transaction of £300+ in participating hotel(s) or online direct at Edwardian Hotels London by 31/8/2022.
- Celebrity cruises – Save to Card to get a £150 statement credit when you make a single, eligible transaction of £1,000+ online at Celebrity Cruises – Luxury Cruises by 25/8/2022.
- Plum Guide – Save to Card to get a £150 statement credit when you make a single, eligible transaction of £1,000+ online at Plum Guide – Luxury handpicked vacation homes by 30/9/2022. (It’s like a luxury version of Air BnB)
- Homes and Villas by Marriott – Save to Card to get £150 statement credit when you spend £500+ at any Homes & Villas by Marriott International property by 30/11/2022, pay online. Valid once per Card for the first 250,000 Cardmembers to save.
- The May Fair, A Radisson Collection Hotel – Save to Card to get a £75 GBP statement credit when you make a single, eligible transaction of £400+ in participating hotel(s) or online direct at The May Fair, A Radisson Collection Hotel by 31/8/2022. Valid once per Card.
There are also offers for Hilton, Marriott and Marriott Luxury properties that have been around a few weeks.
Agree with comments re Etihad. I have always liked their business suite and have just got off one now as I await a Lufthansa connection to Mcr.
I always sleep well and this is my second favourite airline behind QR.
However, the ground staff and check in was absolutely shambolic last night. It was midnight, so peak time, but one of the worst check in experiences I have ever endured, regardless of travel class!
Masks are no longer compulsory in Cyprus, except for hospitals, care homes and public transport.
Comments are closed.