British Airways is adding more flights to some of its most popular destinations in the US and South Africa from April. This is probably to do with the current Coronavirus crisis as the flights are only for a limited time. BA have suspended flights to mainland China until 17 April 2020 leading to an excess of spare aircraft and crew.
The airline will be increasing its services from Heathrow to Miami, Seattle and Cape Town, this means there are likely to be some extra Avios seats floating around briefly. At the time of writing, there were business class seats to all the destinations in April. You can easily search for a whole year of Avios availability using our SeatSpy widget in the sidebar to the right.
Neil Chernoff, British Airways’ Director of Network and Alliances, said; “We know that these destinations in the US and Africa are highly sought after, particularly during Spring, so we are pleased to be able to offer more flights to these destinations for our customers who are looking to get away.”
- Cape Town will increase by three services a week From March 30 until April 19
- Seattle will increase by a daily service from May 1 until May 31 2020
- Miami will increase by a daily service from April 1 until May 31 2020
You can find prices and Avios availability on ba.com
London to Boston with Delta or Virgin Atlantic from £954 business class return
This deal has been around on and off for the last few months. When I saw it a few days ago on a search, availability looked poor but now I can see availability leaving on a Thursday between August to December 2020. You can fly on either Virgin or Delta. Delta have recently upgraded their B767-400s on the London route which you can read about here.
- Book by: 180 days before departure
- Travel: Permitted Tue/Wed/Thu on each transatlantic sector. To United Kingdom – permitted Mon/Tue/Wed on each transatlantic sector.
- Minimum stay: a Saturday night
- Maximum stay: 12 months
- Transfers: 3 transfers permitted in each direction free 1 free in Europe in each direction 2 free in North America
- Stopovers: Unlimited at £200 each
- Refundable: No
- Changeable: For a fee