Yesterday BA started the second wave of cancellations for the next BA pilots strikes on 27 September 2019. Since the first strike earlier this week there have been no signs of new talks and it is likely we may see more strike dates announced shortly.
Here at TLFL we are still writing about BA fares and also the team are continuing to book with BA. So why are we doing this? Well firstly, the sale that we are writing about is for flights in January – March 2020 so I think it is highly unlikely that it will continue that long. Secondly, and most importantly, whilst there have been some hiccups with getting through on the phones, our own experiences have resulted in our travel going ahead as planned, albeit on other airlines. If you are travelling on a strike day you should be given a variety of options such as flying on a different carrier, different dates or taking a refund. As long as you would have a small degree of flexibility you should be absolutely fine even if you are affected by the strike. But everyone has a different perception of risk. You can read in more detail about our experience in this article.
British Airways sale – business class flights + hotel from £184pp
With that in mind, we will look at some of the best holidays on offer in the BA sale. BA Holidays with a flight + car or hotel are often a very clever way to get a good deal. Not only are they often cheaper, but you get an additional 1 Avios per £1 spent on top of any for the flights or car hire. You also get to just pay a deposit instead of the whole amount up front which can also mean you could cancel and only lose the deposit (check your individual T&C to be sure). The Las Vegas deal is a good example where the flights alone would be £1740 per person.
You need to book by 24 September for the sale prices.
Club Europe holidays
Prices based on two people sharing a room with Club Europe flights prices start from:
- Venice – Flights + 2 nights hotel £184 pp
- Mallorca (Palma) Flights + 3 nights hotel £212 pp
- Algarve Flights + 7 nights hotel £445 pp
- Marbella Flights + 3 nights 5* hotel £292 pp
- Dubrovnik Flights + 3 nights 5* hotel £292 pp
- Juan Les Pins (near Nice) Flights + 3 nights 5* hotel £332 pp
- Marrakesh Flights + 3 nights 5* hotel £292 pp
Club World holidays
Prices based on two people sharing a room with Club World flights prices start from:
- Abu Dhabi Flights + 3 nights 5* Fairmont Bahr Al hotel £1533 pp
- Abu Dhabi Flights + 3 nights 5* Shangri La hotel £1533 pp
- New York Flights + 4 nights hotel £1429 pp
- New York Flights + 4 nights Westhouse hotel £1719 pp
- Las Vegas Flights + 4 nights hotel £1759 pp
- Barbados Flights + 7 nights hotel £2316 pp
- Tel Aviv Flights + 3 nights hotel £1199
If you want to find the cheapest holidays to a particular destination, I recommend using the BA Holiday finder page. The BA complex holiday page is useful if you want to just add a hotel for one or two nights rather than the whole trip.