So I was fortunate enough to have a first class booking a few days after the new service started and here are a few of my thoughts… And lots of pictures!
I flew on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Doha, for clarity. If you want to read more about BA’s B787 First cabin try this review.
- It’s complicated – the crew showed me the service instructions, which were pages and pages long.
- It’s a good step in the right direction – it brings first towards other carriers, but come on BA – we need Caviar!
- The food was decent, as far as plane food goes.
- The portion sizes are now substantial.
- The cocktails are fun, but nothing amazing, as the choice is missing any real “classics”
- They still don’t carry enough LPGS onboard.
- The service, due to its nature is slower.
- The PJs were comfy, but I’m not a massive fan of the design.
- Amenity kits – the men’s one looks boring frankly, but I love the design of the ladies one. You can see the full contents in this article.
- Didn’t try the headphones personally so can’t comment but a friend said they are definitely a step up in terms of comfort and noise cancellation/isolation.
The new bedding is a step up too with 400 thread count sheets, a much thicker topper (although sadly not like the Emirates memory foam one) and a better pillow too. It definitely made a very comfy bed!
Enjoy the pics and expect a more detailed review next week when Michele and I, fly in First to Singapore.
Food and drink photos
The menu and drinks:
Canapés, with more champagne of course!
Gin Zing cocktail in one of the new glasses:
The Vichysoisse soup with poached duck egg:
The meze plate:
Broccoli with almonds and potato fondant side dish:
Fillet of beef with 3 sides: fondant potato, carrots and broccoli
Vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce:
So what do you think of the look of new First? Do you think it’s an improvement? Let us know in the comments below or on social media.